This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Seanchan Spy
[Image: Eithne.jpg] [Image: Malaika-Sedai.webp]
Eithne and Malaika, Brown Ajah

The journey home was a long one, if largely uneventful. Malaika was a competent rider, but she had never spent so long in the saddle, and her injured hand complicated the job of handling the reins as well as she ought to. Occasionally a shooting pain would blare through her fingers; enough to make her wince at first, for the suddenness and pain, but she had grown used to it now. Eithne blamed the nerves, for the blade-wounds had been deep and her skills with Healing weaves minimal. Malaika’s fingers had also grown numb to subtle touch, and at first it felt as though her right hand was twice the size of her left, but she had begun to grow used to that sensation too, and barely noticed it by now, apart from the times it made her clumsy.

They took the shortest routes possible, but it was still a full week and half before Tar Valon was in their sight and they finally returned home.  The three travellers led their mounts into the Tower stables, and passed the reins over to the stable-hands with word that the horses should be scrubbed down thoroughly and treated to extra food tonight.  It had been a long time since Malaika had been in the stables, and she idly thought about Storm Dancer, the horse Broekk and Fate had taught her to ride on.

“Sister.” Eithne Sedai broke her thoughts as she followed the woman out and in to the Tower. Light but her legs were so sore, she could swear to it that she’d forgotten how to walk completely. “I will leave you to your rooms, now. It has been a long journey, and I have sent word ahead. I imagine baths are being draw as we speak, and I have seen to it that a Yellow shall take a closer look at your hand. Perhaps we could reconvene in my apartments this evening? Leave your order for dinner with one of the maids, and we shall dine together.”

The young Aes Sedai nodded and knew what it was they would be discussing. “Of course, sister.”  She inclined her head, dark braid spilling over her shoulder. She would be glad to brush her hair out, and she was certainly looking forward to a soak in warm, soapy water. Light but she had not been so tired in a long time…
[Image: cherry-blosson.png]
• ChihiroKōta •
MalaikaKwan Yin • Diana

Messages In This Thread
The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:07 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:15 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:52 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 03:06 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 03:12 PM