This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Miscellaneous Errands
Nox grinned "You'll see."
Nox didn't want to make it like she'd like Nova cause Nova was a dog. It wasn't because of what she was, it was because the cute little fluff ball was just that a cute little fluff ball. And Nova was getting stronger. He'd called the vet several times since he'd been gone to check on him. He'd been assured the puppy was getting stronger and there were no lasting effects from the explosion or his stint as a homeless dog. They all loved him there. What's not to love about a puppy.

They chatted about things, Nox avoided the topic of who they were going to meet, though Nox was excited to see the little one again. It made him sad, but it also brightened his day. He missed Aurora and this is one last thing they could share together. Nox was certain he'd have hated the dog when he found the abandoned dog at his home. But cute and fluffy was something he actually had a soft sport for. He'd have warmed up eventually.

Now it was a life line to Aurora. Their last connection...

Nox avoided the warehouse, he could have taken a shorter route to the vet's office in the Red Light District, but he didn't want to see the remnants of his former home. He didn't own the building and he's not sure what Bas' friends actually did with it. For all he knew it was still a pile of rubble. And he couldn't do that right now. Last thing he needed was to fall into despair and cry again. Fucking emotions!

The vet's office looked like a whole in the wall dump, but once inside things got better. There was a little boy sitting on one of the couches playing with a wallet. He looked up as the door tinkled. Nox smiled at him and turned his attentions to the assistant who looked up from her desk. "Hi. I'm here to pick up Nova."

The woman grinned. "We are going to miss that little guy."

Nox laughed. "I'll bring him back when it's time. He'll visit often I'm sure in our line of work."

The woman frowned. "You best not be hurting him."

Nox shook his head. "No ma'am. He's gonna be a Private Investigator."

She nodded and looked at Nox like he was some alien. "I'll go see if the doc is ready to release him. He wasn't in the greatest shape when you brought him in."

"I know ma'am. But that wasn't my fault. I found him like that."
Except the dust covered and cuts - that was Bas' fault. Blowing up my home.

It was only a few moments before the nurse walked back out with a little fluff ball that was Nova. His blue and amber eyes light up the moment he saw Nox and his white and black fluffy tail wagged and the poor thing could barely walk he was so excited. Nox bent down and petted Nova. "Hey there. Glad you remember me."

"He was depressed that first few days. But he perked up."

Nox looked up. "Thanks for watching him. I couldn't take him with me. What do I owe you?"
Nox picked Nova up and held him while he paid the vet bill - far more than his own medical expenses. Maybe healing wouldn't be so bad to learn...

Nox settled the bill and turned back to Elyse with Nova in his arms. "Elyse. I'd like you to meet Nova. Nova, this is Elyse."
Nova yipped.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 09-20-2016, 11:13 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-20-2016, 11:53 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 09-20-2016, 12:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-20-2016, 01:34 PM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 09-21-2016, 09:21 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-21-2016, 10:05 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 09-23-2016, 10:57 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 09-23-2016, 11:22 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 09-26-2016, 08:15 AM