This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Making it Official
Lucas mentioned the other girl that had been caught before Aria. He didn't know how much Aria had told him. There was so much Lucas didn't appear to know, yet Aria trusted him. It made Nox wonder why she was keeping things from him. It wasn't his business. He prayed that he didn't give details away Aria didn't want him to know. He'd have to ask Aria what Lucas did and did not know maybe next time.

Sudden pressure and pain jolted through his body and Nox couldn't help the sound that escaped through his mouth. He turned and glared at the man as he apologized, Nox bit back his retort, he WOULD NOT make enemies today.

Lucas had rattled on about Aria's rescuer. He had to concentrate on the sound of Lucas' voice in order to get past the fear and jerk his arm away. He hated the doctor and the medics for this very reason. Stiching him up was a pain in the ass. Thank the heavens Aurora could heal the worst of his damage in most cases. His father used to smack him over the head or drown him in alcohol before trying to do it before that. It was probably why Nox drank what he did, when he did.

Nox found his voice, he spoke quietly and carefully as if the pain was too much to bear, but he knew the pain was nothing compared to keeping himself still. "I didn't know much until Aria told me. I was in the hospital when he went on his rampage so my attention span was to the full body cast and the pretty nurses not to the news I could do nothing about."

Fear was one of those things that you could make your self power through, he was trying, but it was irrational, and his mind screamed at him. His heart rate was increasing by the minute. He focused on the conversation and not on what was going on around him. If he thought embracing the power would help he would restrain himself, however he knew that the power would only exaggerate the pain, and thus the fear would grow, it was better to not attempt it.

He focused instead on Aria's rescuer. "Her rescuer was like me. She didn't get a good look at him, he was hiding with an illusion or such. But he has her favorite sword. He said he'd give it back. I think she'd hunt him down and kill him for that sword."
He tried to laugh through the pain and fear to give Lucas some indication that he was joking, but in reality he wasn't, he knew Aria would and could do it. The only thing really keeping her from doing that was the fact that he'd saved her from a brutal situation. It was the least she could do payment.

"You know she couldn't have made it out of there if it wasn't for you. Not and keep her sanity."
He smiled, it was genuine, "Thanks for that, by the way. She's been a big help to me and my sister since our arrival in Moscow. I think things would have been much different had she not found you."

Edited by Nox, Jan 15 2015, 05:52 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:27 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2015, 09:57 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM