This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Making it Official
He hadn't said anything about what the tattoo meant, Lucas had figured it out, it wasn't that it was overly complicated, but he wondered how many times he'd unknowingly done so. But Nox couldn't help himself. He grinned playfully at Lucas, "Pretty and smart. Ain't Aria lucky!"

Nox looked down at his arm where Lucas had stopped in mid stroke and the irrational fear embedded it's hooks in his mind. The tattoo wasn't even halfway done yet. Nox fought every urge he had to move, it was like fighting with an oni on top of him, a near impossibility. Fear clearly in his voice. "I'll answer your question, but please for the love of god do not stop unless you have to absolutely do so."
Nox pushed himself into the back of the chair and laid his head upon the back and closed his eyes and focused on breathing. It was almost as challenging as not moving.

Lucas gave him a smirk but went back to his work.

Nox didn't open his eyes, but the hum of the gun was oddly relaxing. He ignored everything but the information he was about to tell Lucas. He really couldn't speak for Aria, only what he knew of her, and his own experiences.

Nox took several deep breaths before he started. "Would you sleep with the enemy if it meant saving your life for another day, when leaving would raise more alarms and send them hunting you only to die at their hands? Wouldn't you risk saving your own skin by taking the least risky move? For Aria, the Regus, our beloved leader,"
Nox nearly spat the word out, it made him cringe inside to think that zealot controlled his life. "He already knows what Aria is. Told her straight out she should have been drowned straight out of the womb. But her mentor took pity upon the child and raised her as something she was not. He kept Aria secret, until the day Aria confronted him, and then he threw her under the bus, like everyone who wants to save their own skin."

Disgust and anger were better than fear of things, Nox wished that he could push it all away as easily as Aria did. Wished the emptieness she tried to teach him was there, but it only came with the power, and he was not about to enhance his senses just to feel empty of emotion. "I have only been a bane to my own existence for a few years. Aria has known even less than that what she truly is. Though she has always felt like an outsider. And I cannot speak for Aria, but I mark myself with their calling card, to survive another day. Who would think that a godling knowing fully well the stance upon which the heart of the organization has taken would willingly and knowingly become one, to hunt down his brethren. To be the monster hunting the monster. It is survival and only survival that I am sitting her donning the thing that will likely be my end."

Edited by Nox, Jan 21 2015, 09:45 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-14-2015, 08:27 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2015, 09:57 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM