This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Et tu, Brute?
Dorian should have expected the reaction from the hot-headed kid. He should be angry. But he wasn't. And there was no point in defending himself. He dug his own hole. It hadn't surprised Dorian in the least when Aiden and Sage left shortly after Nox rushed out.

The floor was the safest place with that many gods in the room - even his son could kill him. He had been protecting Yun, and more importantly his family. He didn't expect Nox to understand. The boy was hardly loyal to anyone other than himself. He was here for a pay check. He brought more danger than he was worth, and Cruz was past the danger now.

But Cruz was angry. That was unexpected. But not surprising either. Cruz had been at odds with him since the beginning. Since the boy had found out about his occupation. Since the Atharim came into his life Cruz's views of his father continually dropped. Down into where it was now. And despite what he father thought of him, Dorian always sought the approval of his father. And now Cruz would taint that.

What had been an essential move to keep his family safe and utterly torn it apart.

Dorian sat alone in his own basement until he here the delicate footsteps of his wife. "Dorian. It's time for that divorce. The only thing I want is this house. You leave. Cruz can stay and I can try to rectify the relationship he has with your former friend. But you must leave before Cruz does."

Ana wasn't wrong. Dorian nodded. "Have Christian send my things to the Ritz. I'll stay there." His life shattered - all because of an ill thought attempt to protect his family from a different threat.