This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

An Announcement from Aiden Finnegan
The following letter was posted to the website for the official Aiden Finnegan fanclub on 8/1/2046, Aiden's birthday.

~

Bonjour, mes amours!

I am sure you all have missed me and let me assure you that I have missed you too! Each and every one of you! Let me first apologize for my absence online and in the World. Following the release of the blockbuster hit,
The Weaving Wheel, I came to realize that it was a good time to retreat and look inside myself for the next great undertaking. No. I will not say where I’ve gone, just know that it is gorgeous here! The inspiration this locale is generating cannot be put into words. Things are going so well, in fact, that I think it is time that I let my fan club in on a little secret I have…

For the last year and a half, I have been working on a new Fantasy trilogy inspired by the rich, abundant folklore and mythology of Russia, otherwise known as the First Dominance. It is a modern-day retelling of many of the region’s beloved stories with a very Finnegan twist to it! You can be sure the plot is packed with mystery, romance, action, and yes, even sex! Alpha and Beta readers have been going crazy for the next chapter and editing has gone incredibly smoothly!

Thus, it is with great pleasure that I can say to you all that my new novel,
Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, will be released on the Winter Solstice of this year! Starting in February, I will be launching a worldwide tour promoting my new book, and as an exclusive fan club member, you will all be among the first to know of my list of stops! Why you may even be able to preorder your tickets for the event! Please come with any questions you have about my novel, my inspiration, and yes, even my past! No topic is taboo when you are amongst friends, and you, my dear fans, are the dearest friends I could ask for.

What could be better than that?

I’ll tell you!

We are now running a contest up until my novel is released! Any member of my fan club is eligible to enter! Simply leave your name and email in the comments of this blog entry and you will be entered into a raffle! The winner will be flown out to my private residences for the opportunity to spend an entire day with me doing anything you want! My fans mean everything to me and what better way to give back to those that have supported me throughout the years?

Je vous aime tous! Meilleurs voeux!
Aiden Finnegan

~

The letter was leaked to the press and most agree that it is a publicity stunt to garner support in the wake of his failing public image. His fans have been outspoken in their support of Aiden and laud the contest.

Edited by Aiden_Finnegan, Aug 2 2018, 10:38 PM.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
The following comment was posted six hours after Aiden's PR team posted the letter online. An incredibly drunk Rowan was the author of the comment:

"I fucking knew it! You are in deep shit, Aiden Finnegan! Did you change your number!? Mom and Dad are furious! But I knew you came to Russia! Well, guess what, motherfucker? I followed you here! And I am going to find you whether you want to be found or not!"

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"
Posted the next day...

"I've been a fan of Mr. Finnegan's work since I first read it, and I think his earlier webcomics featuring the Irish gods is made of epic win with a side of awesome sauce. For this Russian trilogy, Aiden Finnegan is interested in combining folklore and mythology with a modern twist. I wish him the very best with his quest in our magical homeland."

Vitya
Viktor Lih
Officer of CCDPD
Fanboi's unite.

Posted by: _AIDEN_FANFIX_669
Timestamp: 2 min ago
Only darkness shows you the light.

Rowan's comment was deleted by Admins.

Aiden sent a private message to Rowan:

You don't know what you're talking about and judging by your language, you commented on this announcement while you were drinking. Please don't embarrass me in front of my fans, the media has already done a decent job at that. Go back home to Mum and Dad. I'm fine. I need to be alone now. Don't look for me, don't contact me. Just leave me alone. I will come home when I'm ready... Please, Rowan...

Aiden posted the next message publically:

I am so happy you lot are excited! And to show you just how appreciative I am, I will be flying you out for my first book signing! Clear your calendars this winter and send me your addresses! The tickets and accommodations will arrive within the week! And to show how happy I am, the next 8 people to respond to this post will be flown out for the book signing as well! Who knows? We might even have a private party together to celebrate the books release! I am nothing without my fans. This book is for all of you.

Much Love,
Aiden Finnegan

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
Rowan replied to Aiden's private message.

Oh, child, I know you're in Moscow. Guess what? So am I! And guess who set roots down here!? ME! I know Dad helped design a mansion for you... Suzdal is it? A lovely pastoral town right outside of Moscow? Got it. Looks cute, kid. You DO realize that the local papers ran an editorial on you and your 'manor' you're building? Mine's better, brother. I built a lovely cafe in Old Arbatskaya; brought a little piece of NOLA with me. You should stop by if you're not too busy wallowing in self-pity... Oh, and the book you're writing? Sounds just like the story of the Ascendancy...

You ARE aware of him, right? Well, he might not be too happy to know you're ripping off his life... Might even ask for royalties... or... GASP... take you to court! Or flay you... I don't know, the man sounds super powerful...

You need me, Aiden. Don't act like you don't. The only reason you're famous is because of my tarot cards.

Let me help, brother... We used to be so close... I don't know why you've been acting this way...

Please, just agree to meet up with me...

If you don't, I'm just going to camp outside of your manor until your manservant lets me in.

OH! And I'm a channeler! Surprise! So, I might not actually need to wait around until your butler admits me. I'll burn that bitch down, Aiden; so help me, Goddess. Family comes before everything else, so stop acting like a bitch and fucking talk to your twin sister!

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"
Aiden read and deleted Rowan's response to his private message without issuing his own response.

So noisy...

Vitya thought, half awake and half asleep.

Ah yes, I have to write a post back to Aiden before all the tickets are gone

Aiden was going to make them all excited. That was a given.

Vitya Lih rose, and typed in his name and address, he said quietly "as if," but clicked "post reply" anyway.

He'd leave everything to chance. As the thought fled, so did the outside noise, and he slept.
Viktor Lih
Officer of CCDPD
Aiden's personal assistant replied to Vitya Lih's message.

Thank you so much, Vitya! You have been selected by Aiden! Please keep an eye out for deliveries requiring a signature, as we will be sending you tickets for travel, accommodation, and a food allowance. Dates are still being finalized with the publishers, so please be patient with us!

Again, Thank you so much and congratulations!
Dimitri
Personal Assistant to Mr. Finnegan

What will we do? Celebrities operate on a different level than us.They do what we cannot even consider. We're both human, but our paths and concerns seldom overlap. That is the way of the world,  thought Vitya Lih.

"Thanks, Dimitri. I look forward to meeting him."
Vitya
Viktor Lih
Officer of CCDPD