This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Motel Nowhere
Nox rolled his eyes. She threw temper-tantrums as well as he did. Why did she insist on taking everything? On being stubborn.

Her finger against his head said more than what she did. He knew it well enough. Never had her use it, she never needed to. All she has ever had to do is ask him, and he'd be hers. Not in the way she wanted. He would never be in love with her. Never have more than a feeling that she was family -- a sister.
A fucking older sister who could beat the living shit out of him and never give a fuck in the world. He realized in that moment why he tried. Why he wanted it so bad. Why he'd tried to give her what she wanted. He'd do anything for family. Even if it meant giving himself up. But he couldn't risk losing family.
Not even Oriena.

She claimed it was a pity party. And before the first few bites it might have been. This place wasn't about feeling sorry for himself. It was a place to take care of himself. A place to get some restful sleep -- sleep that was not guarded by his thoughts of keeping Raffe from his nightmares. Here he could dream however he needed. Sleep in peace. Live without worry of harming Raffe. Or the girls. It wasn't pity. He had brought her someplace safe without intending too.

Nox flung his hand towards the door and a wisp of air slammed the door shut as Oriena pulled it open. He expected her ire. She was always pissed. Always hating on something. Just fucking once he wanted to see something else -- but that wasn't likely to happen today.

He stood up chewing the last forkful of rare meat left of the first steak. A second beckoned his name, but first there was an obstinate woman he had to remind who he was too. "I am not like your other friends, Oriena." His voice was cold and calm wrapped in the cooling aspect of the power. He didn't smile, didn't show any emotion. "I don't need you to compel me into doing whatever you want. You don't need to take it from me. I'll give you what you want, all you have to do is ask. But you can't do that. it's weak. And you are anything but weak, Oriena. One of the strongest fucking people I know. But I'm not weak. I'm not powerless. You might be stronger. But I'm better."

She couldn't see the weaves he wove. He tied off a box of air around them. He wanted a fight. Spirit wedges woven and held to slice her compulsion weave should she send them his way. It had been a while since he'd tango'd against the female power, but he and Aurora had practiced for hours learning the best way to do it, to understand, feel, anticipate. It was all about the eyes. And he had an advantage being able to know if she held the power or not -- that simple sensation the only indicator.

He had air ready to block whatever she might throw at him, and water to put out any fire should it spark. He wouldn't attack her. This wasn't a threat -- just a reminder. Nox chuckled to himself. "Do you remember the day we first met?" He licked his lips, it wasn't seductive or sexy but it drew upon a memory the violence that took place. The first time grasping the power without Aurora's hand in his. Fucking Freedom! The horde pulled at his memories.

Messages In This Thread
Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-23-2023, 12:01 AM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 12-29-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-29-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 12-31-2023, 09:25 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-31-2023, 10:02 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 01-05-2024, 07:00 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 01-05-2024, 07:36 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 01-09-2024, 03:35 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 01-09-2024, 10:40 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 01-10-2024, 09:21 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 01-11-2024, 11:14 AM