09-28-2026, 09:30 PM
Anton simply listened. It seemed strange to him that someone found so much in faith. The whole idea of faith was new to him. There was simply something endearing about Calli's sincerity. Even as an isolated individual, Anton had his moments with people - particularly on stage, but beyond that, he was rather insulated. Being at the Sanctuary had been different, and there were certainly times where he had retreated away by himself. Calli seemed to thrive around others though. At least in this situation it seemed so.
"A gift," he said, repeating her words in thought. "Sometimes it doesn't feel like a gift. I wouldn't go as far as to say a curse, but maybe a burden." He looked at her, not sad, but serious. "Sometimes, the world is loud. It can be overwhelming." If he hadn't learned how to control it, he probably would have gone mad.
He smiled a light smile. "Nature's way of redressing the balance. I like that. It makes the struggle more worthwhile at least. Not that I have regrets." Truthfully he was happy with his gift. His mind turned to other things though - helping Calli find the quiet part of her mind. "This place - not the Sanctuary in general - but this specific part of it. The garden is important to you. It's why you decided to practice here?
"A gift," he said, repeating her words in thought. "Sometimes it doesn't feel like a gift. I wouldn't go as far as to say a curse, but maybe a burden." He looked at her, not sad, but serious. "Sometimes, the world is loud. It can be overwhelming." If he hadn't learned how to control it, he probably would have gone mad.
He smiled a light smile. "Nature's way of redressing the balance. I like that. It makes the struggle more worthwhile at least. Not that I have regrets." Truthfully he was happy with his gift. His mind turned to other things though - helping Calli find the quiet part of her mind. "This place - not the Sanctuary in general - but this specific part of it. The garden is important to you. It's why you decided to practice here?

