This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Threading the Needle
[Image: attachment.php?aid=105]

Work with the sworn enemy of the Atharim.  There were always rumors, legends of the gods who were traitors to their own kind.  Why work with traitors?  They could turn on you just as fucking easily.

But the admission that he didn't want to do this weighed heavy on his heart. 

Jacob looked over the woman's shoulder. "Do you mind?" he asked gruffly.

"Be my guest."  She said scooting her chair out of the way and watched him squat down in front of the computer and navigate the screen like the tech-savvyless creature he was.  He sword he heard her chuckled behind him.

The screen listed off the boys hunts since coming to Moscow.  Impressive.  But what was more impressive was the sheer amount of kills they attributed to him after he'd signed the Ascendancy's Atharim pardoning legalese.  "The entire underground network cleared?"

"So reports say.  The Ascendancy funded the operation and Nox and one of the Nine Rods of Dominion cleared the rest, Jay Carpenter, I believe his name was. I narrowly escaped their grasp and the traitorous inquisitor who lead me into their grasp."

"They didn't kill you?"

"The same member of the nine offered to off us,  instead letting us go when we were free and clear of the other four male gods in their presence."

"Five in one place?"

"Your friend, collects them.  You want to find a god, follow him, he'll lead you to countless numbers.  I imagine there are several hidden in the confines of the club he calls home"

"What kinda club?" Jacob asked.

"You won't want to go in wearing that.  I'll give you the address, you aren't in our system, he shouldn't flag you and alert the crowd to your presence until he recognizes you of course.  He's security.  Sometimes puts on a show."

"I've seen them."

The woman laughed.  "Me too. Up close and personal. Was the night my views changed about our reborn godling Atharim brethren."

"What changed for you?"

"Just go see for yourself.  He's no Ascendancy wielding the power to change the landscape of the world.  But, he wiped out an entire species of manmade creatures with only the help of another like him."

Jacob stood up and offered his hand with an introduction. She gave her name, and went her way with a smile, Zephyr seemed proud of herself. He wasn't sure why, but maybe he'd figure it out when he went to kill the boy.

Messages In This Thread
Threading the Needle - by Zephyr - 07-24-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Threading the Needle - by Zephyr - 07-24-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: Threading the Needle - by Zephyr - 07-25-2023, 04:11 PM
RE: Threading the Needle - by Zephyr - 07-28-2023, 03:10 PM