This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Ultimate Reality
Incentive? Nox sighed. Not exactly what he had in mind, but there was a strong desire to join her to be close to her. Nox looked up at the towering building and knew that this was a mistake but he nodded his ascent. Fuck he was really going to do this - and for what?

She touched his cheek again and Nox smiled. "Fine. Let's do this." His voice was still shaky. Nox offered her his hand. "Nox. If I'm going to be risking my life, I'd like to know with whom I'm going to die?" He grinned playfully.

She took his hand in hers, her skin was cool almost frigid against his in the cool night air. Her skin was soft to the touch, hardly a callous to be found, but her touch sent electricity through his body making Nox swallow. "Kali." She smiled, the stark white of her teeth standing out against the even darker red of her lipstick in the dim lights outside the Tower.

Nox shook her hand gently and then pulled it to his lips for a gentle kiss against the third knuckle. "It's a pleasure," he spoke as he bowed gracefully and with probably a bit too much flourish over her hand before he stepped into the shadows of the towering building and out of sight of whatever eyes might see their ascent up the building.

His heart raced in his chest - it felt like it might pound its way free of his rib cage and lay floundering on the ground like a fish out of water - and that was exactly how Nox felt in this moment as he found his first hand hold on the nearly smooth surface of the buildings exterior. And then a second before looking for a foot hold he could climb higher with.

Nox glanced over his raised arm and saw Kali kicking off her black high heels with a smile as she watched him facing one of his greatest fears since falling out of an airplane. She laughed and Nox wasn't certain it was with him, or at him, but she sent encouraging words, "Well come on my little lamb, show me what you've got."

Nox turned his attention to his own reflection in the smooth surface - almost glass like. This was going to be a bitch. Nox found his first foot hold and started up the slick surface looking for the next handhold.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-06-2017, 03:19 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-06-2017, 05:07 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-11-2017, 04:59 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-18-2017, 05:35 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2017, 02:51 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM