This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Another War
Cruz listened to the man in charge speak to him about plans. His grandfather made him read many books on philosophy of war - his favorite had been Sun Tzu's Art of War. He said it was a good thing to understand. Cruz had been young when he'd first read the book, he still had a paper and ink copy of it lying on his bed side table. The binding hadn't been opened in years with a digitized copy sitting on his computer within easy search capabilities.

He could offer a few quotes that meant something to him, but one stood out. "A skilled commander seeks victory from the situation and does not demand it of his subordinates." He spoke to himself - but loud enough others could have heard.

But Cruz shook his head when asked if the software was for sale. He hadn't thought about it. It wasn't exactly his. "I didn't write it. And I honestly don't know who you would talk to find out. A girl who hunted monsters wrote it for her brother." Cruz shook his head at the thought of Nox needing more high powered technology to do his work - it seemed above him - he never planned anything, it was all about experimenting. But Sage had said it was for her brother so unless they had another, Nox was the only one. "Our mutual hacker friend is working on it now, I just started tinkering with it myself. I can put you in touch with him. He's in Moscow for a indeterminate amount of time. They might be willing to sell."

If they weren't Cruz would talk him into it. Two freelance programmers who develop the next greatest program adopted into the world first because of war - software wasn't a billion dollar industry for nothing. Sage could be set for life and not have to hack again - if the price were right it would be all he'd have to do. Cruz only wish he could take credit, his grandfather might not be so proud of him, but this would be a dream. Maybe he could adapt it to medical equipment.
Edited by Dorian, Mar 16 2017, 06:07 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 02-24-2017, 09:53 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 03-02-2017, 10:10 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 03-03-2017, 05:08 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 03-15-2017, 09:07 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 03-16-2017, 06:04 AM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 03-17-2017, 08:25 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 03-20-2017, 08:22 AM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 04-07-2017, 06:42 PM