This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Ultimate Reality
There was a jolt, but nothing like he remembered and a burning pain in his left hand. Nox looked up and found Kali holding his right wrist and his other hand clung to the ledge without really thinking about it. Instinct had overrode his utter fear.

Nox jerked his hand to the ledge and swung back up on to the ledge. Kali's hand was still on his wrist and he smiled at her. There was an odd sense of adoration as he looked at her - she had just saved his life. Nox grinned at her, "Thanks. I really didn't want to be a pancake again." Or worse yet - dead. But Nox didn't want to think about that.

Nox's heart was still pounding in his chest - it almost hurt. Kali never let go of his wrist. She stared at him with this look that Nox couldn't quite place but it made him smile - her looking at him like that. He was convinced she wasn't a monster. That look...

Several minutes passed with Nox just looking at Kali before he said something. "I think I need to get down from here."

Kali frowned but nodded. "Suit yourself." She gave him a sultry laugh, "I do suppose falling to your near death can put the fear of god in you."

Nox laughed. "I don't fear god, but yeah, I'd rather keep my feet on the ground right now."

Kali nodded towards the far end of the building. Nox sighed as he saw the fire escape jutting up the side of the building. She grinned at his displeasure, "Think you can make it that far?"

Nox nodded as he stood up and started edging his way towards the black metal stairs. They weren't the best in the world, but at least they weren't perilously hanging from the building now.

When the ground was firmly under his feet he grabbed Kali by the wrist and pulled her close against his body. He kissed her softly. "Thank you."

She pulled away and giggled. "Anytime. Saving a big strapping lad like yourself is always my pleasure."

Nox laughed. "I should get home."

Kali frowned again. "Alright. I'll see you around sometime." She didn't say anything as she headed towards her heels by the side of the wall. With a quick glance back at Nox and a wave she picked up her shoes and turned the corner.

Nox wasn't exactly sure what the fuck had just happened.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-06-2017, 03:19 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-06-2017, 05:07 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-11-2017, 04:59 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-18-2017, 05:35 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2017, 02:51 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM