This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reincarnations
I can't really speak to the whole reincarnation thing, I've chosen gods that have very little info out there on them and I chose them for that reason specifically. While Aria is technically a 'reincarnation' of Matalina/Cari she's a big deviation, but then not.

And Nox while this is the original character he is by far my most reused character base. Which technically is the same as what you are doing with Jay and Jai.

For me taking the fundamental qualities of the character, you call it soul whatever you want, the basic essence and you give it a new background, a new situation and they aren't going to go the same direction. They might not even have the same problems.

Aria's took several fundamental qualities from Mat back in the day - she was lawful good to start. Followed the rules etc. But because of circumstances they both had a little bit of evil thrown in and they both went that direction. They are warriors and preferred the sword. Aria too a little bit fro my vampire version of Cari with the emapthy. It's the essence I use to create and the essence I stay true to, but they won't do the same thing, follow the same path, they aren't the same character in the same situation. I mean through people into the same situation again and are they going to act the same way?

Same thing with Nox. There are several things with Nox that remain the same, and some things I've had to change here because this character deviated from the rest of the essence and it was difficult to not follow that same path.

Just keep writing Jay, but I think Thal is right, Jay's kinda had it easy so far. Nothing truly horrible has happened to him yet. He needs that little push over the edge. I mean Dane's been caught by the cops with hair that wasn't his. Jaxen got hunted (twice) and kidnapped twice... Jay.... he's met his future girl - she did almost die and has now been kidnapped, but this isn't happening to him.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 11-03-2017, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-03-2017, 11:58 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 11-04-2017, 12:22 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 11-04-2017, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 11-04-2017, 02:36 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 11-04-2017, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 11-04-2017, 10:14 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 11-05-2017, 08:09 AM
[No subject] - by Jay Carpenter - 11-05-2017, 09:46 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 11-05-2017, 11:27 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 12:43 PM