This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Interview
Ilesha listened carefully to what he said. So it was different for me and women it explained a lot really. She wondered if it had anything to do with genetics. Which made Ilesha wonder if her parents could or if it was a latent talent and some jsut happened to do it. A recessive gene. It all didn't make any sense why it all of a sudden appeared as if by magic. Nothing was magic, just unknown science.

Ilesha palmed the metal ball and would study it. In every possible way she could. She'd figure it out. That was part of why she was here after all.

But she blinked at the offer. She hadn't expected that, but that made things easier. A job. "That is reasonable. I came for school and it's likely I will still need to do that. That's one of the things I need for this I think. But that would be secondary of course." she said. Chemistry and metallurgy, even things possibly she didn't even know now. Didn't Liv mention how IT concepts were helping in the mapping of DNA or something like that. She hadn't really understood it then on any sort of big level. But she might have to take some interest in it. Ilesha smiled. "Thank you for this opportunity."
Marcus smiled at her acceptance. "Well as to education, all CCD employees are offerered Continuing Education funds made available annually. It is in the CCD's interest that their best and most promising people get the opportunities to grow their skill sets. And their careers. Of course, that comes with a proviso regarding duration of employement with the CCD. Obviously, if we invest in you, we expect to receive the benefit. Companies that try to poach CCD employees find that we take that very seriously." His tone was clear and he was sure she understood what he meant.

He nodded at her paperwork before him. "I have no doubt that you will be able to study any of the subjects you need for your work from the University. Or, if they have a better program available remotely, from any other reputable school. Trust me. You will have whatever you need."

He picked up his wallet and launched his own Force modelling app. The IDE floated in the air before them, controls running across the top, tool bar along the left, design pane taking up the bulk of the space, and a small tab along the right.

"When you are issued a wallet, you will be granted usage to this app. As you know, the most important part of research is the preservation of knowledge, including dead ends. This application allows you to use the five flavors of the power to design 3 dimensional representations of your weaves." He demonstrated, quickly modelling a simple weave of fire and air with a touch of earth.

He went on. "The app cannot predict what this weave will do, of course. We haven't deciphered the rules yet in order to run live simulations. Instead, this app allows you to record weaves you are playing with. It includes version control so you can fork as needed when modifying an existing design to see what they might do. This will allow you to incrementally, step by step, go from known to unkown areas of research while keeping track of each iteration along the way."

He looked at her with a smile, Natalie's face coming to mind. "In this case, this is a simple weave to create a flame. But..."- a grin split his face- "this weave is how men do it. Trust me, you do not want to try this....unless you don't mind the explosion and maybe losing your eyebrows and some of your hair."

He pointed to the controls. "Here are the various flavors of power. You can adjust their thickness- think magnitude or strength in the power- like this. Notice up here, I'm indicating this is a male power design. And here is where I'd put my notes. They can be written, audio or video. Keep in mind, video will not pick up the weaves, though it will pick up the results, if their are any. Explosions or flashing lights- things like that.

He poked a tab and a window to the right showed. "And here, if you are interested, is the mathematical model of the design. I'm not sure how far you got in that area of study, but, each thread is made up of three descriptors- eigenvalues, if you know the term. The first is "twistyness" and actually describes the weave in 3d space using Dowker notation from knot theory. The 2nd term is "fractal dimension" and is a line integral indicating intensity- the amount of power. The 3rd is "vibration" and uses a simple trigonometric occilating function to show at what frequency it resonates. Each of the five flavors has a unique value and I believe this is what attunes each to things like air or water."

So far, none of the other researchers played with this area yet. Hopefully, they would though. "You can change the equations and the weave will update. The AI running in the quantum computer is still learning, but it can already take some weaves and find simpler versions." His Tau algebra was still new and needed work.

He clicked the open button and showed her the library that was slowly growing. "There are only a few users so far, but the information is growing and being shared. Collaboration is key. Remember that."

He stood extending his hand, and said, "Welcome to the Consulate Ms Fisher. I look forward to seeing what you can do. Do you have any further questions?"
Ilesha stared a little dumbfounded at the concept of an app for that concept concerning the power. It would definitely take some getting used to.

When asked about questions she shook her head. "I have none at the moment. I'm sure I will once I start playing with things." She stood up and offered her hand and said her farewells. The ball bearing in her hand warm against her skin. There was a great many things to do now. Including finding a home.