This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Little Head Clearing
Nox laughed at Raffe's use of his own words. "It's not fair to use my words against me." Nox couldn't help the smile that stayed on his lips. "I can't tell you to fuck off. I'm having a hard enough time not telling you what I'd like you to do to me." He left it at that. Not that Raffe needed to now exactly the words, the intent was there, hell it had been there since they first met.

"Sex is easy to get. Never had a problem. But then my father showed me exactly how to get a girl, or had me show anyway. How to be nice and sweet and how to play the part they wanted. All part of him not having a son who liked boys."

Nox wanted to touch Raffe. He'd missed that about Aria. Aurora was a big comfort and after the plane crash they comfort was lost. First from the lack of presence and then the distance that they'd shared. He took most of the blame, but Aurora didn't try much either - happy to let him do his own thing. But he didn't want to talk that. And Aria's touch could be fear or calm or death. But she'd never hurt him - until she did.

There was so much to say and Nox didn't even know where to begin. "I wouldn't even know where to begin. My father was an ass, but I loved him till the day he died. Still want to make him proud even though he'd hate everything about me now. Sleeping with men is the least of my infractions. Being a fucking god and not taking my own life because of it. He'd hate that most."

Nox let out a long breath and looked at Raffe. "I don't want you to see my father the way I do. He was a good hunter. A great one. He loved his family." It wasn't a lie.

"What do they say about girls with Daddy issues? Stay away?" Nox laughed. "I'm an emotional fucking mess right now. Which sort means I really needs to sleep. It'll all look better in the morning." Nox pulled his pillow out from under Nova and the pup yipped and jumped to the floor.

Nox tugged his shirt off and tossed it on top of his bag. "I know it's asking a lot. But stay. My worlds gone to a shit basket and a half, and the comfort of another soul to keep me ground is good." Nox grinned playfully and made a serious face though he still sort kept the smirk and it wasn't so serious really "I promise on your honor, that I'll behave." Nox joked, "I have no honor." he said with a wink. Which was a complete lie - he knew that but he wanted Raffe to know nothing would happen unless Raffe wanted it to. And Nox just wanted to sleep in peace for once.
Raffe chuckled as Nox recognised his own words, the tease of his grin unapologetic. He meant it all the same; if he didn’t want to talk, Raffe wouldn’t press on the sense of a wound. Though he did want to be trusted with the confession, despite every reason to maintain distance. “Ah,” was all he said in answer. The conflict writ plain over his face as it all began to spill out, aware that there was precious little he could say even had Nox wanted that comfort. His own parents never had an opinion to share; his mother because she’d died a long time ago, and his father because he’d never chosen to know his son. Growing up, Raffe had been surprisingly adept at finding his niche. Or he’d had to be.

He scrubbed a hand over his hair. Compassion leaked all over his expression even if the words never left his lips. He wished he could say something, but settled for being the listening ear.

Then Nox pulled off his shirt, and Raffe found his heart pounding in his chest as his gaze grazed the line of every muscle. Heat tinged, the words a little lost before his attention stumbled back up to Nox’s face. Casual sex was not the issue; the issue was that it might quite easily become not so meaningless on Raffe’s part. It was not even fear of getting burned that held him back, nor even professional boundary, but what Nox had said himself of life blowing up in his face time and time again. What he’d said about needing a friend.

A playful grin met the hint of Raffe’s own, slow burning. It wasn’t really a decision at all. “I guess I can muster up enough honour for the both of us. Tonight at least.” Even as he said it he stood to kick off his jeans, then clambered over to claim the side near the wall. He sprawled on his back, tucked a palm under his head while he waited for Nox, making no real disguise of the way he watched.
There was nothing stopping them except their sheer will. The look on Raffe's face while he watched Nox made it all the harder to say 'no'. But it really was better. They'd known each other for what, all of a day. This wasn't some one night stand. This was a guy he'd see everyday - fuck, he was sleeping in the same bed because Nox had asked. Sex would be easy. The rest - that was hard.

Nox shucked his jeans and kicked them over on top of Nova. The mess would bug him in the morning, but this wasn't the time to show his next door neighbor how pedantic he was about order. A trait nearly beaten into him by his father, but one he couldn't break. He'd tried, but it bothered him almost as much as it had his father.

Standing there in just his boxers was only mildly awkward, as Nox looked back at the door and weighed the options. Privacy or panic. After enclosing himself in his own tomb Nox found that he really didn't like small closed places. At least he had a reason he thought for one of his newest found issues that wasn't related to a memory of his father.

Nox laid down on his stomach propping his head on his hand looking down at Raffe. His grin grew wide as he turned to his side to face Raffe placing a hand on the middle of the other man's chest and resting his head on his elbow crooked under his head. "Whoda thunk I'd get you in bed the first night." Nox leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to Raffe's cheek. With a flick of his hand, it appeared like the light just flicked off, but it had taken an effort, seize, weave, and preform. Simple things Nox took for granted, but it was his new life. A life he loved. Nox closed his eyes with a smile still on his lips whispering, "Thank you." and putting his hand back on Raffe's chest.