This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Literal Nightmares
Mara watched the interaction between Ashton and the doctor with a mixture of awe and anxiety. She could feel the tension in the air almost vibrating with anticipation. Ashton's singsong voice was a strange comfort, his calm demeanor instilling a sense of hope in her.

When the doctor stepped in their path, her heart rate quickened. She held her breath as Ashton confidently handled the situation, his touch and words seemingly weaving a spell over the staff. She knew this doctor well, he had often worked with her, and he was adamant of his diagnosis of her, but now the doctor’s hesitation made her pulse race, but she forced herself to stay calm, trusting in Ashton and the plan.

As the doctor finally checked the tablet and seemed to relent, Mara exhaled softly, a wave of relief washing over her. She stepped closer to Ashton, her hand lightly gripping his arm for reassurance. "Thank you,” she whispered, her voice barely audible but filled with gratitude.

Once they were clear and walking away from the ward, Mara allowed herself to breathe more freely. The stark, sterile walls of the institution seemed to close in on her one last time as they made their way out. Each step felt surreal, the prospect of freedom both exhilarating and daunting.

"You say you just moved in?” Mara asked, trying to focus on the conversation to keep her nerves at bay. "It sounds like a fresh start for both of us, then.”

[Image: aa8UcY-u1]
"Come, mistress"
Aston ushered her through the hospital, after the ward it was pretty easy. No one stopped them. They didn't look much different than anyone else walking around The Guardian.

And it wasn't until he pushed the doors open into the cold fresh air that Ashton breathed a sigh of relief. "A new start for everyone I think. Nox hasn't lived there long." Ashton grinned. "We can take a car, or the train or walk for a little while. Totally up to you. What would you like to do first now that you are out of that horrible place? We could go shopping, buy you some real clothes."
As Mara stepped outside the mental ward for the first time in what felt like an eternity, the world beyond the confines of the institution felt overwhelming and exhilarating. The sky stretched out vast and open above her, the air fresh and filled with sounds and scents she had long forgotten.

Ashton guided her to a car waiting nearby. The ride through the city was a whirlwind of new sights and sounds. Mara pressed her face against the window, drinking in the details of the bustling streets, the people going about their lives, the vibrant colors of the storefronts. It was a stark contrast to the sterile, monochrome world of the ward.

Their first stop was a small boutique. Ashton led her inside, and the saleswoman greeted them with a warm smile. Mara felt a little out of place among the racks of new clothes, but Ashton’s gentle encouragement made the experience easier. She picked out a few essentials: comfortable jeans, soft sweaters, and a sturdy pair of sneakers. Ashton suggested a few extra items, stating that she may need she some options for different occasions. She hadn’t seen her Pets since leaving the Guardian. They would be hesitant to depart from such an endless feast, but once she was under the same room as the boy that gave her her freedom, she knew they would follow.

With her new belongings in hand, they made their way to the house Ashton had mentioned. As they walked up to the front door, Mara couldn’t help but feel a flutter of anticipation. This was her chance at a new beginning, a place where she could start to piece together a life beyond the walls of the institution. At some point she wondered if her family would learn of her departure, and she hoped they did.

Ashton showed her around the house, which was quite large. She wondered about where she would spend the nights, and was suddenly worried about being all alone after sharing common areas with so many other people.

Mara turned to Ashton, her eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and uncertainty. “Thank you, Ashton,” she said softly. “I don’t know what I would have done without your help. Who are all of you, after all?”

"Come, mistress"
Ashton happily helped Mara find new clothes. And took her back to Nox's house. "I can't tell you who Nox is. I kidnapped him to feed to my masters. And he saved us, took us in. We have no where left to go since he burnt the house to the ground. We are children of the Blackthorsn."

Ashton took Mara through the house giving a semi tour, he didn't really know much more than she did. "We are all staying on the fourth floor in one room. Victoria and the girls are staying in another. There is another room up there if you want to be close. Nox has his bag on the third floor."

He lead her up the stairs and introduced her to everyone. He stopped first to introduce Victoria, Arabella, Seraphina and Genevieve. They were all cuddled together in the bed watching TV, some silly cartoon the girls loved. Vic looked pissed at him for leaving and barely said anything Mara before they headed into where he and the rest of the Foster kids were staying. "The rest of us were just foster kids of the Blackthorns. Me, Olivia aren't kids anymore, neither are Isabella and Ava." The two pregnant girls waved at Mara though they didn't look any better in the light of day then they had in the sickly glow of the flames Nox had started. "Liam, Sophia, Jackson, Emma and Noah. We all lured innocent people to our foster parents. Nox is giving us a second chance."
Mara listened intently as Ashton shared the story of their connection to Nox. The revelations about their past and the fact that Nox had saved them from such a dire situation made her feel a strange kinship with these people, even though she had just met them. As they ascended the stairs and Ashton introduced her to everyone, Mara couldn’t help but feel a mix of emotions—curiosity, empathy, and a touch of apprehension.

When they reached the fourth floor and she saw the room full of people, Mara felt a wave of relief wash over her. She had feared that her life outside the ward might be lonely and isolated, but here she was, surrounded by others who had their own dark histories and struggles.

“Wow,” Mara said softly, taking in the scene. “I wasn’t expecting so many people. I guess I won’t be lonely here.” There was a hint of a smile on her lips, the first genuine one in a long time.

She turned to Ashton, her eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and determination. “Thank you for showing me around and introducing me to everyone. It’s... a lot to take in, but it’s comforting to know I’m not alone.”

Mara stepped into the room where Victoria and the girls were staying, offering a small, tentative wave. “Hi, I’m Mara. It’s nice to meet you all.” She could sense Victoria’s tension and made a mental note to give her some space, understanding that trust would take time to build.

As they moved to the next room, where the rest of the foster kids were gathered, Mara felt a pang of empathy for them. Their pasts were as dark and complicated as hers, if not more so. The two pregnant girls, Ava and Isabella, caught her attention, and she offered them a warm smile. “Hi, I’m Mara. It’s good to meet you.”

Liam, Sophia, Jackson, Emma, and Noah all had a wary look about them, but there was also a glimmer of hope in their eyes. “I’m grateful to be here, and I’ll do my best to fit in and help out where I can.”

"Come, mistress"
Continued in House Party