This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Everything he said made Aurora rethink everything. And then he got mad and her heart sank, it was why the plane crashed, because they fought so much. Despite the fact that they were twins and shared that unique bond only twins can have, they were complete opposites. Her and Nox were like day and night. She wanted to save the world, he only wanted to save himself. And that was their core contention. He was a selfish bastard.

Nox didn't care if she wanted to stay, he'd made the decision himself. "And if I don't want to stay, or to join these Atharim."

Nox shook his head. "Your choice. I am not going to stop you, but I'm not going anywhere."

"There is nothing I can say that would make you go home? Why? It's where our life is."
Aurora didn't understand how he could just up and leave their life like it was nothing.

Nox took a step forward, she knew the look in his eyes, he was reaching for the power and failing. It was like before, when they had to touch each other to gain the power. He was too tired now, it wasn't a relapse? or was it? Nox looked back at the door and stopped moving towards her. He was thinking of leaving. "Nox don't go like this."

He shook his head. "We had no life Aurora. None, we moved from place to place, we scraped by fighting monsters on a paycheck that we could count on, but between gas and hotels we had nothing. Nothing but the Jeep and everything we called dear was in that Jeep. Now look at this."
He waved his hands. "You could make this a home. The library at headquarters you will love. You'll never have to hunt with me again. You can research to your hearts content, live in that library and tell me how to kill things. We can do this. But I'm not going anywhere Aurora. I'm staying in Moscow."

He was stubborn, she knew that. But not as stubborn as her. She knew she was only pushing because he'd made the decision without her. Like she didn't matter. And she supposed with amnesia, neither of them had mattered to the other. It had been a good life, not fighting with Nox. She smiled. "You think your Aria can help me join and maybe remember."

Nox grinned at her, but she knew him well enough to know he was still pissed at her for whatever it was he was mad at her about. "Yeah, I think she can. I'll talk with her."
He looked around like he was looking for a place to crash, he looked beat. "I'm gonna go back to my place. Crash, this place needs more work before I can stay, though I think I saw a bed for you to crash in."
He offered Aurora a hand, and she took it, he wrapped her in a tender hug and then with a flourish and a bow, he grabbed his leather jacket. "I bid you adieu."
Aurora couldn't help but laugh, her brother was such a goof ball at times and then every other time he was just a plain pain in the ass. He'd never change.

Nox opened the door and a blast of cold air whooshed in, and then Aurora was alone in the empty ex-warehouse with a lot to think about.