The First Age
Wiki Update - Printable Version

+- The First Age (https://thefirstage.org/forums)
+-- Forum: News & Discussion (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Wiki Update (/thread-1249.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Wiki Update - Jensen James - 09-24-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:34 PM)Thalia Wrote: New lore and world building surrounding the early 5th Age, plus some reborn gods attached to it:

The Watchers
Naamah
Azazel
Samyaza
Ananiel

These are so interesting. Would it be okay if I contributed to another one? As a past life, I mean?

RE: Wiki Update - Thalia - 09-24-2023

Sure! There is another "Watcher" past life added since then too, Behemoth. Just send over anything you want adding.

(09-24-2023, 03:43 PM)Thalia Wrote: Sure! There is another "Watcher" past life added since then too, Behemoth. Just send over anything you want adding.

Ok! I sent it to the same place as before. Just tell me if it doesn't fit with what you all created.

(09-24-2023, 05:53 PM)Jensen James Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 03:43 PM)Thalia Wrote: Sure! There is another "Watcher" past life added since then too, Behemoth. Just send over anything you want adding.

Ok! I sent it to the same place as before. Just tell me if it doesn't fit with what you all created.

https://thefirstage.org/wiki/raphael/

(09-24-2023, 06:24 PM)Thalia Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 05:53 PM)Jensen James Wrote:

https://thefirstage.org/wiki/raphael/

It's great! Thank you so much. I hope it works with the rest of them.

Yeah it's great! Still messing around with pictures a bit, as I find them. If there are any you want specifically let me know.

RE: Wiki Update - Rena - 09-24-2023

Out of curiosity, given all the Ages being divided up and characters and mythos being created for each, a question vame to my mind. Where does the Dragon Soul come into things? LTT/Rand are obviously in 2nd/3rd Age? And we are in the 1st Age. Ishy and the DO seem to view Rand as the his greatest ancient enemy. They SAY he has even served the DO (which, frankly, I really can't seem to buy....I know, even RJ made the comment. Just makes no sense, but anyway...)

I guess I'm just curious as to whether any thought has been given or anything regarding the Dragon soul (a hero of the Horn) as well as the female version (Light soul but NOT the dragon) Amaterasu.

Not other than where it's been discussed in various other threads. Since no one has taken on a "Not-Dragon" character (though he has recently appeared as an NPC, albeit in our VERY alternate 3rd age universe) I guess it remains open. But as with Nikolai, there's nothing to say the Dragon's soul doesn't serve a very specific purpose and therefore only ever exists in certain Ages -- perhaps only the 2nd and 3rd, which are the only Ages where the DO has a presence on the world anyway. If he's the DO's arch nemesis, then it makes sense that he is only born in those Ages.

As for Amaterasu, since that has its roots in the real world myth, I guess it would be treated as any of the other gods chosen for character rebirths and would be up to whoever took her on as a soul.

We have a precedence for IC Heroes of the Horn in general though. Kiyohito is one.

RE: Wiki Update - Ascendancy - 09-24-2023

I'll take this question. XD

My initial concept for the First Age as a site was based on asking myself a very similar question. The Dragon and the Dark One were the pivotal elements that drove the wheel of time on "their side" of the wheel. I thought to myself, what drives the wheel of time on the "other side" of the wheel? For instance, during the other Ages where the Dark One cannot touch the Pattern, what drives the Wheel of Time forward? What makes each Age distinct from the others? 

That led me to the idea of a figure who is the opposite of the Dragon. Where the Dragon saves the world and is a hero of the Light, how about on the opposite side of the Wheel, there is a figure of darkness whose actions condemn the world instead of save it. That led me to create the tale of Hades/Nikolai, who is the driving force on "our side" of the Wheel. A figure whose purpose and actions are a counter-balance to the power and the Pattern of the Dragon. Obviously it's not as high stakes since the Dark One is not involved, but his purpose is to herald the return of Channelers and "reset" the Wheel so that we can prepare for the upcoming Age of Legends, which then of course introduces the Dragon.

I based this off the quote that RJ said that the Dragon was reborn in other ages, but in them, he can be a complete nobody.

In addition, I wanted to specifically not include book characters in the mythos of our site out of respect for RJ's intellectual property. That's why I am all about the "NOT-Forsaken" souls and prefer de novo characters. Furthermore, I specifically excluded the idea of a Dragon in the Ages that we include in our world building for that very reason.

(09-24-2023, 06:54 PM)Thalia Wrote: Yeah it's great! Still messing around with pictures a bit, as I find them. If there are any you want specifically let me know.

I have nothing to add. It looks great. Thanks, again!