This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

We Don't Want To Anger Morven
Matias tensed instinctively at Michael’s offer, though he masked it well. A test. Of course. It seemed nothing here would come easily, not even trust. His mind raced, considering the implications—facing one of the horrors he had spoken of, alone, with no intervention unless the situation became truly dire. Michael’s tone was calm, almost too calm, which only made Matias more wary.

But instead of recoiling, Matias squared his shoulders and nodded, stubborn defiance in his expression. He couldn't afford to show fear. He’d dealt with enemies before—enemies far more openly hostile than Michael or even Jay, and perhaps more predictable because of it.

"That’s fair," Matias said, his voice steady but low. "If you need proof of my capabilities, then so be it. I’ll face whatever you put in front of me."

For a moment, he let his gaze linger on Michael, searching for any sign of a trap or hidden mockery, but the man remained unreadable. Matias exhaled slowly through his nose and offered a small, dry smile. "But don’t worry about me. I’’m no stranger to brutality.”

The truth was, he had no idea if he’d survive whatever creature they kept in their labs. But he couldn’t let Michael see his uncertainty—he couldn’t let anyone here see that. His honor and pride demanded he face this head-on, no matter the cost.

“Until then,” Matias continued, his voice regaining some of its usual grit, "I’d like a longer tour of the Garden. I need to see more of this place if I’m going to understand how things work here." His eyes narrowed slightly, betraying his deeper thoughts. "And then, I’ll have a few words with Jay, if you believe he can be controlled.”

He hadn’t forgotten the punch, nor the storm of emotions it had stirred. Confronting Jay was a risk, but Matias wasn’t one to leave things unresolved. There were words that needed to be said, if not blows exchanged again. He didn’t plan on letting that loose end dangle any longer than necessary.

Matias met Michael’s eyes one last time, resolute. "Does that sound agreeable?" he asked, echoing Michael’s own words, though with a hint of challenge woven into his tone. He wasn’t just here to be tested; he was here to prove something—to them, and to himself.
[Image: Matias-signature.jpg]
[Image: aztec-quetzalcoatl-ouroboros-nikolay-todorov.png]
"Into the heart, to hold their hearts."

Messages In This Thread
We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-11-2024, 02:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-19-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-20-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-20-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-25-2024, 01:01 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-26-2024, 01:12 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-30-2024, 01:45 AM