This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS
Having Moiraine open the gate by channeling doesn't mean that all way gates operate that way. We've never actually seen this gate in the books. As Thalia pointed out, this gate may be different or have been modified by the Aes Sedai due to its proximity to Tar Valon. For all we know, the other gates open the traditional way. Seeing one doesn't mean they all are like that. She clearly channeled the shape of the trefoil leaf, meaning the leaf is the key. 

Similarly, I assume that Loial is needed to be their guide. Moiraine says they need him, which is why he is recruited. I assume its to read the Ogier script on the guideposts along the way. As to how it was opened, maybe this gate was damaged previously. Moiraine uses the one power in the books to open a gate from the inside. So it can be done. They also talk about locking, changing and damaging gates in the books meaning that modifications can happen. I'd just hesitate to make too many guesses since there is a precedent. 

My guess is the show changed how some (or all) gates are opened through the use of the one power. This gate features heavily in the show marketing, so I'm sure they gave it a lot of thought. Rafe talks about it in the behind the scenes for ep 6. I just trust that they thought through some of these questions and either decided the details were not that important or came up with a workaround. 

The eye of the world as an entire entity is odd and weird and doesn't fit with the book mythos. So by referencing the prison, or even a place of thinness, as a reason to think it's important is good enough for me. We never found out why Moiraine said they had to go there, just that they did and it was important. The fact that inwardly she thought it was a place of the dark one's prison could be the reason. At least the show has a reason to go there. haha.

100% they had to reshoot the scene at the gate with the E5 and gang freaking out about Mat not coming along. The "Mat" on the other side of the gate seemed CGI or spliced-in footage. 100% it's because this is when he dropped out. Whatever happened to that guy, hope we find out someday. Maybe we'll get as best an explanation they could come up with for not taking Mat, maybe not. 

Okay back to episode fun stuff:

The picture on Moiraine's wall finally made sense. I assume that was some kind of Mask of Mirrors covering something magicky. lol. Moiriane looked so beautiful in that white light in her dressing gown. She looked like an angel. Rosamund is so amazing. I loved that Lan mentioned that she masked his bond. Great book-reference there! But sweet Lan finally has a night off and is instead going to stand guard outside her bedroom. How so sweet is he? At first I thought the fishing-hut space Siuan was in was the Amyrlin's private space at the top of the Tower. It's said that the Amyrlin decorates her quarters however she wants. And I thought maybe kinda there were glimpses of horizon outside that indicated they were up high. When it all happened, I kind of thought that the Illusion was covering a secret passage to the Amyrlin's quarters that Moiraine used to access her directly. 

Breaking news: her picture is a ter'angreal! The x-ray notes on this scene says as much. So it is a ter'angreal to "another place, space or experience". When Moiraine leaves her room, there is a shape of a stone archway/door that sort of appears. When she appears in Siuan's room, she's standing in front of a thatched hut-door. So the doorway picture is a ter'angreal door! SOOOO COOL! There is that same white light glow surrounding the 'hut' walls and it presumably is some sort of pocket (HOLY CRAP Thalia It's a Pocket! I'm freaking out!) in space. In order for Moiraine to return to her rooms, she just needs to open Siuan's door and goes back. In the scene with Egwene and Nyn meeting the Amyrlin, you see a very similar looking hanging in her office that I presume is the matching ter'angreal. Although the painting within Siuan's frame is of the river in Tear where she grew up (from opening scene) while Moiraine's frame has a painting of presumably a blue sister standing in front of many doors. I'm betting the frame itself is the ter'angreal and the painting can be changed. I also am thinking that Siuan has decorated the "pocket" to her tastes.

I find it so sweet how Moiraine looks at Siuan with so much love. Rosamund killed it! And the fact that only after they are done reuniting does she tell Siuan she's found the dragon. Like seriously, I'd be a little pissed you didn't lead with that. But then again, I am a cold-hearted Ascendancy. 

So who do we think the man that Liandrin meets in North-harbour? Moiraine has been in the tower for like a day, so surely it's not Padan Fain? Is it the Forsaken? Is it a looooover? 

Egwene being presented to the Amyrlin Seat (the actual throne seat).. gosh I can just imagine her sitting there and Rand walking in later on in the height of his power.. 

Overall, extremely moving and I've enjoyed it so far. I look forward to some kick-assery from the E5, Shienar, and the show-down to come.

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-11-2021, 01:47 AM