This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away!
I kind of got the sense that there were issues in their marriage too. In the books (TSR: ch 32) it is revealed that Perrin originally dreamed of marrying Laila, and she dreamed of marrying him, but he seemed to lose the feeling with time while she remained in love with him. After Perrin left the two rivers, she married Natley Lewin, which Perrin noted was odd because Natley wasn't the type to dance (and Laila loved to dance). That's the extent of info we have about them other that Laila has a baby when Perrin returns to the two rivers.

So I can buy the fact that if Perrin stuck around for a few more years till he was a little older, they could have gotten married. So maybe there is some kind of love triangle or tension with Laila and Natley? Maybe it has to do with a baby (or lack of baby). Maybe she was carrying Natley's child? I hope that we find out more as Perrin reflects on the trauma of that night. Although I think Nynaeve knew what was going on with them, and I wonder if she will spill the beans eventually.

It is possible that they had to edit out more info about what was going on with them but the material ended up on the cutting room floor. I also think that book readers tend to read way too much into things. Manflesh, who doesn't read the books, really doesn't care at all about any of this.

I figured the cave with the paint on Egwene was something to do with her Arches in the Tower. We know they make it to the tower this season because we've seen Egwene reuniting with Nynaeve and Lan with Moiraine watching on in the white tower during trailers. If she gets raised to Accepted this season, I thought maybe the pool would feature in the arches sequence. 

I agree that there could have been more, like maybe there was another scene in there that got cut, between Moiriane telling them to leave and they sitting on their horse the next shot. 

Dana's dreams of 5 could be the 4 ta'veren + Moiraine or the 4 + Nynaeve or 3 boys + Moiraine/Lan. I'm not sure. At that point, the Dark One may still be considering Nyn as a potential candidate for the dragon reborn even if Moiraine has ruled her out. 

The previous wisdom being turned away from the White Tower gave me the sense of unreliable narrator. Like there was probably way more to that story than told. Especially with Moiraine being like totally silent in not responding. Considering the Amyrlin is the daughter of a poor fisherman, I don't think at all that poverty and ragged clothing matter to the Aes Sedai when a potential channeler arrives. It's about the strength of the novice, their potential, and their ability to obey. I doubt the previous Wisdom would have been a good obedient novice... The previous wisdom could totally be an eyes and ears for the blue Ajah now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away! - by Ascendancy - 11-22-2021, 03:59 PM