This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away!
Things I loved:
  • Thom's song gave me chills. His voice was beautiful. I loved the tenor of his voice and reminded me that as a gleeman/bard, he can command a room with his emotion and storytelling. The lyrics were so moving and that Rand teared up during the song was really moving. 
  • I also loved Thom's coat having the colors on the lining/inside. I always thought the idea of a colored cloak to be a little too "Coat of Many Colors" or "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat" - which I thought was super tacky. 
  • Very glad they changed his harp to a guitar. The harp thing was stupid IMO. Yes he's a fancy bard, but I just thought it was super high fantasy "cheesy".

• I don't remember there being any Aiel in a cage but that's probably because I haven't read EotW in so long. I liked that they introduced the concept of Aiel early with the hair color foreshadowing. My husband completely didn't get it. I asked if he noticed the hair that Thom pointed out. He was like, yeah... and I said, "does any of our main characters have that color hair." and he was like, "uhhh I don't know.." when I said who, he very much was like meh, okay whatever. More evidence of things that seem hugely important to us, to the generic watcher, is like completely forgettable. haha. Then again, Manflesh still doesn't know which character is which yet.. "Which one is Rand again?" lol He has no clue. he does know Moiraine is the "magic lady" though. haha!!
  • As a former writer of Lythia, who was from a small mining town in the Mountains of Mist, I loved the Breen Spring town (its that the right name?) and all of its aesthetic. A child growing up in an environment like that would totally fit Lythia's grit and ruggedness.
  • Dana was perfect depiction of a Darkfriend. Super normal seeming at first, if oddly overly interested in Mat and Rand. That Rand was completely oblivious to the fact that she was coming on to him until she tried to kiss him and he leaned back all surprised was so perfectly Rand's being oblivious when it comes to girls. Dana's "crazy eyes" were so creepy. 
  • I wonder how a Darkfriend "calls" one of the Eyeless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away! - by Ascendancy - 11-22-2021, 04:40 PM