This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS
I noticed Ishy using the hand gesture also. It was almost exactly the same kind of thing Logain did. 

1. I think that they have to have some way to show on screen that someone is channeling. Rand just standing there holding the squat sa'angreal figure (yay!) didn't have hand movements, but I interpret it as being a way to show channeling. 

2. The Aes Sedai movements are more than finger quirks. They're grand, large motions of the arms and body. Together, that demonstrates a) the crutch and b) the difference between men and women channeling. 

Women embrace saidar and use the large motions. 
Men seize Saidin and have minor/minimal movement. 

Seems like a balance to me. 

The smile at the end of Ishy tricking Rand into breaking the seal was spot on cool, and one reason that I loved him.

Yes, I agree the pacing felt a little off. But I totally don't care. It's the first season of a brand new show. The pilot and first season of all the great shows go through the same thing. It's growing pains. I also think that the success of this season is PIVOTAL to approving an increased budget, resources, and investment in season 2 and beyond. 

That they pulled off this season with a pandemic, reshoots, losing Mat, and everything else, I'm just in awe. 

Can you imagine how hard it was for those actors and writers and everyone to create entire scene's worth of dialogue out of the old tongue. I was speechless.

Edit to add: I think Moiraine is shielded. When someone is stilled, they can't sense the OP at all.

Messages In This Thread
WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-24-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-24-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-25-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-27-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-31-2021, 10:12 AM