This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS
(12-31-2021, 10:12 AM)Thalia Wrote: I will take the awesome, bwahaha Tongue

So I read somewhere that there were no melee battles in 8 because of covid restrictions, and also that Lan was supposed to fight at the gap. When they couldn't film the fight scenes they needed another reason for him to be delayed following Moiriane, and that was why we got the "Moiraine's tell" thing. I haven't seen a source though so it may be speculation. I'm fairly sure the covid restriction thing was why the battle was so hands off though (same with Fain). I liked Nyn and Lan's scene a lot, but you can see how much more impactful it would have been had that been a goodbye as he was about to leave for battle with the intention of cutting through and going after Moiraine. And it didn't occur to me while watching but it does seem odd that Lan wouldn't ride with Shienar.

I'm fairly sure Agelmar isn't dead. My money is on his armour saving him. He doesn't look dead in his last scene, just defiant.

I don't have a screenshot but the crack in the seal has 8 branches and isn't that a fantastic detail? If you count the cracks that branch off from other cracks, there are actually 13! Which may not be intention but if it is *chef's kiss*

Some eagle-eyed person also noted that Ishy has black snakey rope like chains around his feet when he's standing on the seal.

I speculated whether the Eye was actually the AoL Hall of Servants (no real reason other than it resembles the WT hall). What if DFs scoured it from history because it's proof Ishy is Forsaken/a man/an Aes Sedai and not the DO? I can't see them cutting Shayol ghul or the Eye actually being the prison.

The Covid thing and no melee fighting is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to describe about impacts to the show we can't even fathom. 

I don't think Agelmar is dead. He didn't look dead or even wounded plus all that speech about his insistence on using his own armor. 

I counted the cracks too and there's definitely 8 off the main hub. I couldn't find the 13, but great eye!

I also found the chains on Ishy's feet which could either be his chains to the prison of the DO and he's not fully freed yet or those are those "links" that connect him to the DO that protects him from the taint. I can't remember what they were called. But it's about at min 41 where there's an overhead shot of Rand channeling at Ishy looking down on them both. 

Ishy not fighting back always struck me as important. He definitely manipulated Rand into doing what he wanted. He just stands there with his hands kind of open like he's accepting whatever comes at him like he wants it. I'm pretty sure that all that was to have Rand free the Forsaken and break the 1st seal.

Messages In This Thread
WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-24-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-24-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-25-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-26-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-27-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-31-2021, 10:12 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 8 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-31-2021, 03:18 PM