This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Remembering a Friend
Pyotr left him hanging alone with the two thugs. Thanks for the back up bro! Nox sighed but his eyes were still on the dranaika. She was making eyes at the uniform and he was watching her warily. He wasn't buying whatever she was selling. With Pyotr gone he had no reason to stay and chat with Bas' thug friends.

Nox dropped some cash on the table and smiled. "Enjoy your night. I'm gonna see about a girl."
It was meant as a tip for the waitress but if they wanted to grab it would barely buy another drink in that joint. Nox had already spent way too much money and he really had no means of making more money now that he wasn't going to get a check from the Atharim much longer.

Nox dismissed the men he'd just left they had little bearing on anything anymore. His mind was on the hunt. The woman was lithe and she had blood red lips - mostly from lipstick but he knew that those lips were fond of blood. The teeth the other side of them would be sharp and pointed and she would feed on the uniform if he wasn't cautious.

Nox dropped the power. He wouldn't need it straight away, he had to get her out of the club, and to do that he had to act like he really wanted to take her home. She was pretty in a dangerous sort of way. Her dark eyes shimmered as he approached from the side. He looked the uniform up and down with a grin then turned to the she-devil in disguise. "I don't think your uniform wants to play. I'm game."
He leaned close to whisper into her ear, careful not to touch her in any place. "I can be anything you want Duckling."

She slowly turned her gaze to him, those dark predatory eyes both frightening and hypnotic. For a moment, it seemed he could get lost in them. A single hand teased out slowly, the sharp blood red nails tipping the long elegant fingers playing with the pearls at her throat. Voice throaty.Duckling..." she said, as if savoring the words. A hint of a smile touched her blood red lips. A low chuckle from her throat, felt as much as heard. "And you....you wish to be my....lamb?"

Nox watched her finger play with the pearls at her neck and wondered if she'd taken it from a mark - playing with her food's things. He bit his bottom lip in anticipation of what those fingers could do. He chuckled at her words as much as his own thoughts. She'd rip him open like that lamb, but it was all part of the game. Nox loved the game. "I don't know if I will bleat well, but I'll be your lamb."
It sounded cheezy in his head, but he said it anyway. "I'll be your anything. I'll do anything. Tell me your fantasy and I'll grant it."
The line rarely worked in this fashion, but it had worked in the past.

She looked at him and there was a hint of pity. Her eyes flicked from him to the uniform, seeming to weigh the prospects. Hunters sought prey. But they also enjoyed the game itself. As if in confirmation, she turned to the uniform. "And you? Do have anything to say?"

Nox shrugged. "If you want to waste your time chasing a man who is clearly on duty."
Nox turned and walked a few steps before he turned back around with a smile. "I said I'd be anything you wanted. I'm won't compete with someone I got nothing on."
Fuck this was going to back fire. She'd stay in the club prey on some poor sap and he let it happen. But he couldn't turn back now. She was a hunter. And he truly wasn't desperate. This had to work.

Her dark eyes weighed him. The uniform mentioned something non-committal, though the look on his face said that he was wishing he wasn't on duty. Lucky him. He had no idea. She stared at him, measuring the distance between them now. He'd shown a willingness to walk away. "One drink. There," she said, pointing to a secluded spot. "I like to sample my lamb before I order it." And then, without looking to see if he'd follow, she turned, her hips swaying off toward one of the more secluded corners. This wasn't that kinda place you got busy in the booths, no matter the exposed flesh on the stage or from the servers. People of power needed quiet places to talk. The tight black thigh length cocktail dress drew long elegant lines and he couldn't help but stare. Damn, it was too bad really. In that moment Nox hoped he was wrong in his assessment of the danger.

Nox dutifully followed, he was to be a lamb to the slaughter, he could act the part. He let his desire show. It wasn't feigned, Nox knew it was partially the danger but she was attractive. A vision of Elyse floated through his mind which he stomped down promptly. Nox watched as the dranaika slide into the booth and the smile from her blood red lips was not what he expected. It was a perfect smile even if it was laced with seduction. Nox wondered where the teeth were. Dranaika were part of the myths of vampires. Hidden fangs. Nox had not actually tried to get up close and personal with one before.

Nox slide in next to her. His leg a hairs breath from hers. Touch was dangerous. Touch could give him away. He smiled at her and licked his lips waiting for her next instruction. There was no feigning his desire. It had been a long time since he'd played this game.

She smiled in return and for a moment, the hunter vanished. They played all kinds of games. Were all things to all prey. One man might not like the feel of being stalked. And it kept people off balance. Her sharp nails gently touched the nape of his neck even as a server came and took their order sending a shiver down his spine. Fuck! "Absinthe rimmed with sugar"

Her eyes- they had seemed dark but were now tinged with jet blue. It might have been the light, though.- took him in. "Forgive me, lamb, but you do not seem the type of man to frequent this establishment." Her smile tried to take the sting out of it. And wanted him to justify the attention he sought from her.

Nox shrugged and her nails dug deeper into his skin from the gesture. He bit back the hiss of enjoyment from the pressure. He wasn't here to get laid. He did have to keep his mind on things. He focused on his words. "I go where there is fun to be had. It's difficult to find the right girl in this situation. No touching, makes the game harder. And the prices just aren't worth the effort - most of the time."
He grinned at her. "Tonight is so worth it."

Her smile seemed genuine now, as if she were impressed with his honesty. Her touch became a bit softer. Somehow, she softened. The sharpness of her eyes had melted a little, seemed a bit more rounder. The predatory gaze had all but vanished. Not that her dress didn't still promise evil. But there was an innocence about her now, as if she could drop the charade now that he was being more honest. "Aww...You think I'm worth the effort? With all the beautiful women here?" There was something girlish in the way she said it.

The change in her behavior took Nox by surprise. The allure from before had changed, she was starting to remind him more of Elyse than of the predator from before. It was hard to put a finger on it, but had he been wrong? Was this just a girl playing a game? Her drink arrived and Nox took it from their server with gentle fingers and set it down on the napkin and slid it to her. He was slightly disappointed but he smiled at her. If he'd been wrong this was the wrong game to play. He'd wanted something from the interaction and now that was falling flat on it's ass. The hardness from his catch was gone - she changed the game on him.

Nox looked down pretending to be the shy little lamb she wanted at first. The catch, the chase, she was playing him. He looked up at her through the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes. "How can I please you?"

She smiled at him again and squeezed his neck gently. She took a sip and seemed to luxuriate in the taste, licking her lips and taking a deep breath. "Please me...hmm....Well. There are crude and obvious ways." She looked at him as if appraising. "But you didn't come
here for that. Or at least that's what you said."
She winked at him, as if she didn't quite believe him. Well, it was uncharacteristic of most men. Especially with a woman as beautiful as her.

"Perhaps all I want is your company?" Strangely, her look became mysterious, girlish but now with a touch of darkness. She whispered conspiratorially. "Maybe we can find some trouble." She studied him, then, as if gauging him. "That is, if you like trouble. The city IS on high alert. I can think of a few places we can go that might be worth the difficulty." She raised an eyebrow to him as she took another sip. And gently rubbed his neck.

Nox raised his eye brow at the crude and obvious things with a smile. But trouble that was more like it. He was a hunter and he knew danger. He missed Aria.

"I like trouble."
He smiled. Her touch was intoxicating, it was no wonder dranaika were successful in theirs hunts. But Nox still doubted his earlier observation. "I'm ready for whatever you can dish out."

She waved her hand and Nox slide across the seat out of the booth with a grin. This was going to be a good night - fun and a kill...

[[ continuing here ]]

Edited by Nox, Nov 30 2016, 12:44 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-03-2016, 06:19 AM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 10-03-2016, 09:14 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-03-2016, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 10-04-2016, 08:47 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-04-2016, 12:23 PM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 10-11-2016, 08:33 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-11-2016, 10:18 AM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 10-11-2016, 08:22 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-12-2016, 06:21 AM