This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unexpected Guest
The hunt had gone well. Elyse seemed a little better and now they were eating and being a pack Sierra felt better. She missed Snow terribly, but Stinging Nose was more than happy to pick up the slack. He'd even sent her an image of the city and people. It was probably a good thing his mother hand heard. Sierra was almost positive the alpha female wasn't going to let her boy out of her sight.

But when the images of a human pup came flooding in Sierra had to see. She nodded to Elyse's question. "We should go see."
She didn't wait for Elyse's answer as she picked up her bow and Stinging Nose was running ahead of Sierra until he reached the edge of their den and he started to stalk his way in the direction of the human pup.

They stopped well with in view of the girl and the man. Her ears could pick up snippets of their conversation but Stinging Nose was eager. So eager he bound into their camp and raced up to the little girl and tossed his head into her hand. All the while projecting images of pet me, friend, happy to meet you, come play with us. Images of her chasing him through the cold ice filled clearing they had come through.
The pair continued to set up camp, but Marta seemed distracted. She kept looking to the east. Ricky was worried. He knew what was happening, and he knew that Marta was a good person. What he didn't know was how to help her.

Suddenly Marta dropped a tarp she was holding and stared to the east. A wolf pup was running towards them. Instinctively Ricky went for his holster.

"Don't."
Marta said, and Ricky relaxed. "He doesn't want to hurt us."

Marta, focused on the wolf, didn't see the other two figures approaching. Ricky kept his eyes on them as the wolf forced its head under her hand.

"Slow down,"
Marta said, giggling. "I think he's trying to talk to me."

Those words confirmed it. Marta was a wolfking.

"You must think I'm crazy."

The two figures were close now. Two women and their eyes gleamed golden. One of them spoke. "You're not crazy."
she said with a smile.

Marta moved to hide behind Ricky, peeking out at the two women. She was wary of anyone she didn't know.
Elyse agreed with Sierra, and she was up and following the other woman towards the pair. Stinging Nose, excited as always, was sending a barrage of images as he ran to the girl. Slight movement came from the man, a reflexive gesture that relaxed as the girl said something to him.

Elyse continued to approach, noticing the man kept his eyes on them. "You must think I'm crazy."
The girl said to the man.

"You're not crazy,"
Elyse said, smiling.

The girl reacted instantly, hiding behind the man and peeking out at Elyse and Sierra from behind his legs. Elyse could smell wariness.

"Who are you?"
The man asked.

"Slow down,"
the girl said. Elyse immediately understood. Stinging Nose was sending out images very quickly and the girl couldn't decipher them.

The girl pointed at the wolf. "Stinging...nose...
Then she pointed at Sierra. "Long eye...
And finally at Elyse. "Silent...Fang..."
Sierra grinned as the girl deciphered the images. The wolf pup was sending them quickly and excitedly. He was still a pup after all.

Sierra nodded her head at the wolf name. "That's what the wolves call me. My name is Sierra. And this Elyse. Excuse Stinging Nose's exuberance, it's not everyday he meets a pup younger than him. He's eager to teach her like his mother does."

Sierra spared the man a smile but turned her attentions to the girl. "How long have you seen the wolf images? Have you seen the dreams yet? You're eyes haven't changed, that's good, but they will."
She looked at the man. "It'll be good to get her used to colored contacts now before they do change."
Marta seemed to relax a bit, and Ricky had to wonder if the wolf was telling her that she could trust these two. His intuition told him to follow Marta's lead and he relaxed as well. She was a smart girl, and in this situation was more informed than he was.

Ricky nodded at the women as they were introduced, and introduced themselves in turn. "I'm Enrique and this is Marta."

Marta was polite and answered the woman's questions even though she stayed behind Ricky. "They just started now. I haven't had any dreams - not any good ones."
Ricky knew Marta had nightmares from her time in the brothel.

"If my eyes are going to be pretty like theirs, I'd want others to see them."

Ricky sighed as he got onto one knee to talk to her at her level. "I know, but right now there are a lot of people who don't like people who are different. It would be to keep you safe. Do you understand?"

She nodded in her understanding and gave Ricky a quick hug. She let go, and Ricky turned towards the women.

"Can you help her understand this?"

Ricky knew he was way out of his league.

((OoC: I don't want to log out and back in again - so here is Elyse))

Elyse smiled at the exchange. The girl was wary, but seemed to trust the man completely. She seemed more wary of the strangers.

As the girl spoke, she seemed to unwind a bit, at least answering Sierra's questions directly, and Elyse couldn't help but smile when the girl said their eyes were pretty. The man, Enrique, seemed to understand that there was some danger and made it clear to Marta, before asking her and Sierra if they could help Marta understand what was going on.

"I think we can help her understand,"
Elyse said, turning to Sierra to confirm.
Sierra nodded. They could help her, if only they'd had the same education as she was about to receive. "Why don't you join us for dinner. You can bring your weapons and your gear, the pack will welcome you and your protector?"

Sierra relayed the information to Chase who was curiously waiting the results of the human talk. Stinging Nose was sending hyper messages and wanted to walk Marta through the processes. He wanted to help, most of all he wanted to be the one to figure out her name. Sierra shook her head of the pups images. "Chasing Butterflies - our alpha female and Stinging Noses mother is eager to meet you."

(( I don't know what you want to do or not do with marta here ))
Ricky agreed to the situation and the group walked as one back to the area with the pack, Marta taking Elyse's hand. The wolves greeted Marta and she out loud spoke their names, occasionally telling Stinging Nose to slow down again.

The group ate dinner and Ricky told both Sierra and Elyse that they were originally from Mexico and were here on a trip. He didn't tell them that he was Atharim or Marta's history. He smiled at how Marta had warmed up to the two women quickly. It wasn't something he was used to seeing.

Marta fell asleep shortly after they ate. It had been a long journey for her. Ricky tucked her into her bag and then checked his wallet for news.

Atharim registration...Ricky sighed. The Atharim were considered terrorists now and had 30 days to name themselves or there would be no mercy. As far as Ricky was concerned, he had no choice.

He went outside and sat by the fire. Elyse and Sierra were both there. "Thank you for helping her. I don't know how to guide her through this."
Sierra smiled at the man. He seemed nice enough but there was a strangeness to him. The wolves were wary and that made Sierra wary. But the girl was one of them, and he seemed to care for her greatly.

"I wish I'd met someone like me when I first changed."
And she had maybe her brother would still be alive. Sierra shared her story. "My father was a doomsdayer. I grew up in a bunker outside of Madrid. It was only my mother, father, me and my brother. People aren't easy for me to get along with and even less so since becoming this. The wolves are my only true friends. And I count Elyse among the wolves. My brother and I started dreaming with the wolves, seeing their images. My brother went too far into the dream, too far into that life. He became a wolf. My brother was killed by a man with a snake tattoo on his arm. My mother had called him for help. But he offered help of a completely different matter."

Chasing Butterflies lay at Sierra's feet and rested her head ontop of her foot. The motherly comforting gesture. Snow used to do that too. She missed him.
Enrique listened as the woman told her tale - a sad tale at that. He knew of a few doomsdayers. They were pretty crazy folk thinking the world was going to end soon. Unfortunately, it wasn't a great life for their kids. Enrique was surprised she had told him at all.

The snake tattoo. Of course, Enrique had one on his arm, and he was glad he wasn't like one of those who had killed Sierra's brother. He couldn't have killed Marta, nor could he kill the two women in front of him.

"The Atharim,"
Enrique said. "Just read the CCD has labeled them as a terrorist organization. Registration for all Atharim within 30 days. After that - no mercy for them."

Enrique handed her his wallet with the article on it, in case she wished to read it.
Elyse just listened. She had heard Sierra's story. It was part of how they had met. Sierra had seen her tattoo and confronted her on it. Elyse had to show her that not all Atharim were like her brother's murderer.

The man responded. The Atharim were terrorists now. She technically was one too. She hadn't done anything wrong, but she was a terrorist because of a mark on her forearm. With Nox, her parents, and now this. Everything seemed a little overwhelming.

"Excuse me,"
she said, standing up and walking away to be by herself for a moment. Her first instinct was to contact Nox, but she stopped herself. She couldn't go back to him.

((OOC: This part is from Ricky's perspective.))

Elyse excused herself. She had seemed somewhat cheerful before, but that seemed to have changed with her announcement.

Enrique turned towards her companion. "Is she alright?"

Edited by Elyse, Jan 3 2018, 06:28 PM.