This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Gracie's Gym
The screech of the train jolted Connor's thoughts back to where he was. His heart was pounding in fear. He had only seen her hours before, but it felt like weeks, a lifetime. He'd been in a tunnel, and finally, finally, he'd pulled his head out of his ass. He hoped that it wasn't too late. Intellectually, he knew she'd be there and that she still cared. But part of him was terrified that he'd missed his chance.

He ran through the turn-styles and up the stairs onto the streets. It was cold, especially after the warmth of the train. His feet were freezing, his whole body was. The sweat in his hair had turned to ice, but he was glad the rest of him was dry. As he ran, he thought about going to his apartment and changing first. But his heart rejected that thought. He had to see her. He was terrified that the last time he talked to her might have pushed her to finally give up on him. He couldn't bear the thought, for one more moment of her thinking he didn't love her.

He rounded the corner and saw Chesterfields but slowed down only when he was in the foyer. To say that he got looks, face bloodied and bruised and shirtless as he was, was an understatement. He didn't care. The hostess or whatever was trying to tel him he had to leave, but it was just distraction. He looked around trying to spot the mass of red hair that would identify Ayden. Finally he saw her. "Ayden!!!"
he yelled and she turned around from the table she was at.

He drank her in, his heart pounding in his chest. She was so beautiful, even with the look of confusion and concern on her face. She slipped her pad into her apron and came over to him, calming the hostess with a smile and some words. Then she looked at him at him and he felt fear course through him. He saw concern, heard it in her voice. "Connor, why are you doing this to yourself?

He looked at her, completely oblivious to everything else. This had become his focus, she was the center. He took a breath. This was it. She either wanted him or not. He was done wallowing, done running, done hiding. He was done trying to protect himself. If he got hurt, if it killed him even, he didn't care. Staring at her, he said "I love you Ayden. I need you."
Then he stepped forward and kissed her as hard as he could, ignoring the pain from his bruised lips. He was home.

<small>((Ayden modded with permission))</small>
Connor declared his love and that he needed her. It was music to her ears, but there was little time to reflect on the moment before Connor kissed her. Ayden's heart soared. But this was not the place, nor the time to address the actual issue. Ayden reluctantly pulled away from Connor and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. She whispered in his ear, "I love you too. Thank you."

She pulled away from him, taking his hands in hers. "We can talk later. I need to finish my shift"
She didn't want to stay, but she was happy now. Happier than she'd been in the past few days.

Ayden ran her fingers across his lip. "What this necessary to come to terms with things?"
She smiled brightly at him. Ayden grabbed her coat. "I think you need this more than I will tonight."
She handed him the coat. "You can't be here now, not like this.
She ran her hands over his chest. "Far to distracting."
Ayden shoved Connor playfully. "Go get dressed."
She kissed his softly on the lips and pushed him again towards the door.
Connor's heart burst with joy as he felt her arms around him, the whispered words in his ear- "I love you too. Thank you."
- balm to his soul. For all the physical pains his body felt, he was filled with joy and pleasure. He had her back. The relief was overwhelming.

She pulled away, though. He didn't want her to, but he understood. And she was right. They would talk later. She was working. But then she touched his lip gently, the concern clear in her voice, in the way she touched him, and said in a quiet voice, "Was this necessary to come to terms with things?"
His heart dropped and he was suddenly filled with guilt. She was talking about the bruise. But he wasn't. He was thinking of his kiss with Aria. Ayden was being playful but he didn't feel that way at the moment. He was going to have to tell her. She deserved to know.

He walked out the door, fear threatening him. But he stamped it down. Not anymore. I'm done with that! He was not going to be ruled by his fear anymore. That was finished. He was going to tell her and let what happened happen. She was worth the risk. Worth every bit of it.

He walked to their building and went up to his floor and room. He kept his fear down, refusing to think of the possibility that she'd reject him. He would hope. That's all he could do. After showering off, he stood looking into the steamed up mirror at his face. What a mess I made. Yep, he was pretty tore up. But he was on the other side of it now. He'd had to go through hell before he realized what he had and almost lost. Still might lose. And he wouldn't have had anyone to blame but himself. But no, he was going to hope. I'm gonna do it, buddy. I am. But I hope she still wants me.

Connor got dressed and went back out, bringing her jacket along with his own. She would be cold walking home from work. Whatever she wanted, he would make sure she had her coat- and was safe getting home. As for the rest, well now it was up to her. She had trusted him, hoping. He would do the same.

When he got back to the restaurant the lady at the front looked at him with amusement. "Well at least you're dressed this time. I'm sure Ayden will appreciate you're not embarrassing her anymore tonight."
She smiled at him to show there was no malice in her words. Connor smiled back, but wasn't feeling it, not really. There was some trepidation around the edges of his heart, but he kept it in check as he made his way to a table. He just wanted to be around Ayden no matter what. He's missed so much of her. He watched her as she went about her duties, smiling when she looked at him. She seemed happy. It made him happy. He would focus on that. He ordered some water- he'd lay of the drinking for a while- and some food. It would help settle the butterflies in his stomach.

He was determined to keep his hope alive.

<small>[[continued in Connections]]
</small>

Edited by Connor Kent, Aug 27 2014, 03:50 PM.