This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

It's a Date
Nox pulled away from Elyse and went to the kitchen and turned the water on. He needed to focus on something. He mindlessly cleaned the plates and other things he'd used and hadn't finished cleaning up after himself. With a soft smile to himself Aurora would be proud. He missed his sister.

His breath hitched when he saw Elyse standing next to him drying the dishes he'd finished with. He smiled. "I got this Duckling. I made the mess. Aurora would have my hide if I'd left it for you to clean it up."

The menial task calmed him enough, at least for now. But she'd asked him to stay. He'd not answered yet. As he washed the last dish and handed it to the golden-eyed girl next to him he took a deep breath. He turned off the water and dried his hands on the dish towel Elyse had been using then pulled her against him, his back to the sink. He smiled down at her. "I'll stay."
He sighed. "It's not the staying the night that's the problem tho, it's the staying after I wake up."
He'd never stayed the night with a girl purposefully. Never wanted to before tonight. Only girl he'd spent the whole night with was Aria and that was a comfort for both them - they barely touched. It wasn't even holding hands. He kissed her again - more vigorously than he had in any prior attempt. When he pulled away he was breathless, he put his head against her forehead and whispered. "I'll stay."
Elyse frowned a bit as Nox pulled away from her, but it didn’t take her long to understand. He needed to clear his head. Nox was struggling with this. She knew it would take time for him to get used to this. Nox went and started to wash the dishes from dinner. Elyse followed him into the kitchen and started drying dishes as he washed. Nox smiled at her and told her that he had it covered he mentioned his sister. Elyse remembered reading about Aurora.

Elyse kept drying, smiling at the Duckling nickname. Elyse didn’t press him on staying, feeling that he would answer when he was ready. She smiled when he pulled her to him and finally answered. Nox was admitting his weakness, so she paid attention, doing her best to let him know that she was there for him. His kiss this time was more passionate than any of the other ones, and she reflexively moaned into it.

When they released, she smiled up at him. ”Thank you,”
she said. ”I don’t think the Duckling nickname fits me though.”
She giggled a little bit.
Nox grinned. "I think you are right. But Duckling's all I got right now."
With a quick motion Nox lifted Elyse off the ground and kissed her softly. "If I'm staying we need to figure out something to do with our time. I'm not exactly tired right now."

Nox carried her over to the couch and sat down with her in his lap."So Duckling."
He kissed her neck just below the ear. "What can we do and still keep our clothes on."
He breathed softly against her neck taking in her soft scent. A blip of panic started to raise but he focused on her scent and nothing more. He could make it through without fucking this up. The urge to run still was strong, but he'd said he'd stay - another promise he intended to keep.
Elyse smiled and the giggles returned, turning into a short screams she picked her up. It was an excited surprise scream, rather than one of fear.

Elyse let him carry her over to the couch and set her down on his lap. A kiss on her neck sent shivers down her spine. Elyse was content and could sit there the rest of the day, but she understood Nox's need for a distraction.

"Ummmm,"
she thought. "We could cuddle up here and watch a movie. I've got lots of movies. Do you have any favorites. As long as we get to watch things blow up, I'm happy."
she said with a smile.
Nox didn't watch much TV as a child. He didn't watch much TV after he'd grown up either. Nox leaned forward pulling Elyse close and grabbed the remote. He smiled at her as he pulled back and laid down on the couch near the front edge of the couch. Leaving room for Elyse to lay between him and the back of the couch. But he hoped she'd settle to lay on top curled up against him. He laid the remote on his chest and smiled "You're choice Duckling."

Nox didn't care what they watched. He settled his head against the arm of the couch and sipped at his beer while he let her pick something. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath savoring the feel of her against him. "If I fall asleep, don't let me stay here alone. Wake me up when you got to bed or stay with me. Otherwise I know I will leave. And I don't want to leave."
Elyse nodded in confirmation of what he said. ”I wouldn’t want you to be by yourself anyways.”
she smiled as he put the the remote on his chest. She wanted him to hold her while she slept.

”I’m getting some ice cream. Do you want some?”

”Love some.”
Nox grinned.

She stood up and quickly got a bowl of ice cream with two spoons. Earlier, Nox had left her some room to lay between him and the couch, but she took her place back in his lap, trying to get as much as she could it. She grabbed the remote, gave Nox a kiss, and started Star Wars Episode XV. She took Nox’s hand and wrapped them around her and handed him a spoon. She took a bite of the chocolate ice cream, and cuddled close with Nox as the movie started.

”You’re comfortable,”
she said, taking another bite.
Nox smiled as Elyse laid back with him, the bowl resting in her hand. He watched as she lifted the spoon to her mouth and he bit back his reaction. Of course she had to choose the one thing he actually liked. Nox dipped the spoon into the bowl and savored the flavor of chocolate on his tongue. It wasn't everyday that he allowed such treats - chocolate was rarely allowed in his house. It was his only true weakness for junk foods.

Elyse told him he was comfortable and he chuckled softly as he pulled her closer into his body. He was more than happy to have he warmth mingling with the cool sensation of ice-cream.

Nox wasn't really into the whole Star Wars thing. He'd seen them all of course, his father had been a die hard fan and had made them watch them. But Nox was more interested in watching his companion lying on his chest. He was wrapped up in watching her when he closed his eyes momentarily, he felt the comforting warmth of her body against his and focused on the touch her body against his. The entire day was good, but this made everything worth while. He didn't focus on the parts that were freaking him out inside, just the comfort. His breathing shifted into the shallow breathing of sleep and for once Nox didn't feel the looming darkness settle in right away as sleep took him. He was more tired than he'd thought from his effort in the tunnels.
*Delete*

Edited by Calvin, Aug 10 2016, 12:33 PM.
Elyse wasn’t really watching the movie, she was just content to be with Nox. She ate the ice cream and Nox helped himself when he wanted to. She curled up as much as she could into his lap and sighed in contentment. It took about a half an hour to finish the ice cream and by that time, she heard Nox’s shallow breathing. She saw that he was sleeping and smiled. He was almost more cute that way. She quickly cleaned the bowl with a yawn. She was feeling tired too. She went back to Nox and shook him gently to wake him.

He woke up groggy and didn’t say anything. ”Let’s go to bed, okay?”

Nox nodded, and she took his hand and led him to the bedroom. She let him go into the bed first and then followed, snuggling up close to him and resting her head on his chest. She gave him a kiss. ”Goodnight Nox.”
she said. It wasn’t long before she fell asleep.
Nox started awake. The last vestiges of his nightmare fading. He was surprised that he still lay on his back only his heart racing. An unfamiliar weight on his chest and a warmth against his body sent his heart racing faster. Fuck!

After a few deep breaths Nox lifted Elyse's arm from him and shifted away. He did remember coming to bed. He rolled our and stood on the side of the bed fighting his instincts. He watched the slow rose and fall of her chest and smiled. He could do this. He made a promise. He would keep it. The thought sent a ache through his heart. He'd promised Aria something. He couldn't do it, but this only proved he could. He would kill Aria if he had to. He promised.

With the new found conviction, Nox left Elyse in bed and found a quiet open space in her living room. He sat down and started his nightmare induced yoga routine to calm down. Deep breathes. Stretch. Hold. Repeat ad nauseum.