This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Resting Uncertainty
Emily dropped off Natalie and Natalie gave her contact information in case she needed it for cleaning. It wasn't really an issue, but Emily accepted her number with gladness and gave Natalie her own in case she needed anything.

Jared was quiet on the way back, and Emily didn't press him much. He was clearly exhausted from whatever ordeal he had gone through. She did, however, give him an encouraging smile as they left Natalie's, and Jared returned it.

"Want me to take you to base, or to my place?"
She asked.

"I'm still on leave for awhile and don't want to go back yet. I'd rather not be alone either."

Emily could hear the exhaustion in his voice as he spoke. She drove back to her house, and they entered together.

It was the first time Jared had seen the inside of the house, and his eyes widened. "So this is how the other side lives."

Emily smiled and took Jared's hand, leading him to the living room. "Can I get you anything?"

"This might sound weird, but I could really use a shower, and then more coffee."

Emily smiled and led him to the shower, so he could clean up. While he was away, she put on a fresh pot of coffee. She could have asked Matt to do it, but she was content to do so herself.
Jared headed to the shower. The hot water washed away the grime of the undercity, and that alone helped him feel better. Military training stuck with him and his shower was quick. In fact, a hot shower was a luxury he wasn't used to.

Quickly drying off and putting back on his clothes, Jared headed back down stairs where he was greeted with a warm smile and a hot cup of coffee.

"Thank you,"
he said taking a drink.

Emily took his hand, interlacing her fingers with his, and led him to a couch where they sat down. "You okay?"
she asked him.

Jared smiled at her. "Better now."
he said. "I just have some decisions I have to make."[/color]

"Can I help?"

Emily was always wanting to help. "You already are."
Jared said, laying down with his head in her lap.

Emily allowed it, their relationship felt so natural and the motion hadn't felt strange to either of them. Her hand moved to his hair and stroked gently.

"What happened out there?"

Jared thought about it a moment. Emily didn't know about his gift, but as he thought about it, he trusted her.

"I had gone down into the tunnels to practice. You see I'm one of those channelers that the Ascendancy had talked about."

Emily smiled at him and he felt suddenly cold. She raised a hand and a small flame appeared above it. Jared laughed.

"So you know all about that."
he said continuing. "I don't know if you'll believe this, but there was some troubles with some creatures down there. I healed someone who was taken away. That's why I'm exhausted. I stretched my limits."

Emily nodded in understanding. "Well you just rest up a bit.

They chatted for a little bit and eventually turned on the television just to relax. Jared soon succumbed to his fatigue and fell asleep in her arms.

Edited by Jared Vanders, Jan 30 2018, 10:44 AM.
Jared fell asleep as she stroked his hair. It was good to know that using your power too much could make you so tired. Emily promised herself to keep that in mind.

Jared was a channeler. Emily had to wonder if that's what had pulled them towards each other, but the more she thought of it, the less she thought that was the case. Emily had never felt that pull towards others. Even Ayden - who had been her best friend. Thoughts of Ayden made her frown. She missed her dearly, and was saddened that she had left without a word, but Emily respected her privacy. She wouldn't use her resources to find her.

Emily watched the screen for a moment, holding Jared close to her as she did. It was soon that she as well succumbed to fatigue and fell into a deep sleep.
Jared’s sleep was filled with dreams. He looked down and saw hands tinted green. He didn’t understand that, but the desert that surrounded him made sense with his recent experiences in Africa. He saw a beautiful woman. She wasn’t Emily, but reminded him of her.

Jared woke up next to Emily. He pulled out his wallet to check the time and saw he had a message from Natalie.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Incoming Message from Natalie Grey</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

Jay was never processed at any police station; he's completely off grid. Whatever's going on, Danjou already knows about it. Be careful, Jared.

Jared frowned but responded.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Outgong Mesage to Natalie Grey</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
Thanks for the information. I’ll be careful. You be careful too. I’m on my way back to HQ.

Jared had seen the time, and it was time for him to go back to work. He shook Emily gently to wake her.