This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Promises, Promises
Jaxen blandly watched their conversation, until the woman glanced expectantly at him like he was also bothering her with requests.
"And what do you want?"

He grinned, a few ideas coming to mind. "Maybe a good drink and a beautiful woman to share it with?"

Her expression flattened and she turned to deal with Nox instead. Jaxen shrugged and shifted attention to the wounded ancient.

"How do I want repaid?"
He mused over the possibilities. Nox had access to money, but what would Jaxen want with that? Now that he was back in dad's good graces again. He tucked his hands behind his back and rummaged around in some random office drawer just in case something interesting was stowed away. Nothing was.

"So this Atharim thing is real, after all. The people Ascendancy named. Suppose you could tell me about them? Someone has to be in charge of it?"
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Nox thought the request odd. He hadn't thought money was going to work in this case either and for that he was grateful but information didn't seem the likely route either. He shrugged at the request but gave him a nod. "Someone leads us. His name is Armande Nicodemus. He is Regus of the Atharim. And his location is unknown since the fire at the Baccarat Mansion here in Moscow. Probably dead."
Nox was more than happy the bigoted man was gone. He hoped it was a painful death though he'd rather have seen Aria slay him or the Ascendancy with his infinite power. But it didn't really matter so long as he was gone.

The good doctor was not being kind as she examined his leg. Nox really was using the talking as a means of staying awake. She had a hand held scanner that said Jivana across it and it made me smile. Cruz would be happy to know that even here in Moscow the corrupt doctors used his families tech.

"I can tell you what I know. But the internal workings of the Atharim here in Moscow are different than what I grew up with in America. And all access I once had is gone because I'm on their list of gods to hunt. But if you have specific questions I don't know I can talk with someone who would know, but he's also been burned so I have no insider information anymore."

[[ We can do a q&a here or live chat or you can PM questions and I'll answer them and they can have their chat off screen. If we find any fun questions/answers we can post them too. ]]

So there was a list of 'gods' to hunt. Jaxen nodded. He'd seen just such a list once. And found his own name on it. Fucking snakes. Alright. It seemed these Atharim needed to be taken down a peg or two. Maybe make a list of Atharim to hunt instead and see how they liked it?

Actually that wasn't a bad idea.

He mused out loud while the nurse worked on Nox. It didn't look like the most fun experience. Though not having ever been shot, Jaxen wouldn't know. He didn't intend to find out either.

"So who are the people hunting you? Maybe we could do something about that."
A sly smile touched his lips.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
The doc was manhandling his leg into a weird angle and he had no choice but to move on to his stomach. She did something and Nox yelp. "Ow."

Nox glanced back at the doctor and she didn't even look abashed. She'd done it on purpose. Fuck.

Nox took a deep breath and pushed the pain aside like Aria had taught him. It left him a little cold and distant on the outside the the power called to him. It was like a beacon when he did this. He didn't do it often for that reason. Nox squirmed to get his wallet from his pocket. "Hold still or I'll make it worse."

Nox sighed. "Sorry."

He turned to his friend and nodded. "There are four of them."

Nox tapped a message out to Sage <small>Need the contents of my old phone.

</small>

The response was almost immedate. <small>Should be there if it's done downloading.

</small>

Nox tapped around on his phone and nodded. "Thanks.

<small>No Problem. Sorry about Aria.

</small>

Nox sent the information to the nearest wallet in the vicinity in front of him. "That's all the information I got. Jacinda Cross is an American like me, one of the Archangels canticle one or some such bullshit. I don't know they are tasked with hunting down gods. The Japanese guy was a live, I never saw him. But the other two I think they are dead. I think they were both killed when they attacked me a few days ago."

A wealth of information flooded his wallet. He mostly ignored Nox's subsequent ramblings while he scrolled through it. A slow smile trickled over his lips before Jaxen tucked the wallet back inside his jacket.

"Tell you what, Nox. You seem a good dude. I'll help you. You need any more doctors, you give me a call. Our concierge med-team behaves better and they don't ask questions."
He flicked the nurse a disappointed glare. No more skanky clinics for him.

With that, Nox was patched up and Jaxen called his driver back to retrieve them.
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
It seemed Nox was making all sorts of rich friends. First Dorian. Well that had been pure happenstance. Dorian was a cop and his house had blown up. He still missed his place. The warehouse had been perfect living for them. But now he had a house, a family to think about - not just him and Aurora. Not that Dorian couldn't take care of himself.

Nox missed Aurora and when the car pulled up Nox looked at the other man. "I'll need a name and a contact to do just that."
He gave the man a bright smile and pushed any doubts from his mind. There were still some lingering questions, but he wasn't exactly sure he wanted to know the answer to the one question - how did some rich guy end up in the red light district just as Nox was about to kill Aria. He'd let it go... Nox had the man's basic phone details and could do without a name, but he'd like to thank his savior. "And a name is nice so I can actually thank the man that saved my ass."
Nox would offer to buy him a drink but Nox was fairly certain he'd not be able to afford the kinda drinks this man liked.
Always curious to know who would recognize his name, Jaxen turned with a half-born smirk ready to jump from his face. "Jaxen Marveet,"
he said. He had a shitload of siblings all sharing a piece of the pie of the Marveet empire. Then of course there was Scion himself. Anyone that paid any attention to Custody politics would know that name. Even if they didn't, there was always the tabloids. Scion's most recent girlfriend was a new hot story.

All in all, he waited on bated breath to see if Nox knew the name. More importantly, to capture that fleeting moment of awe he usually encountered upon introducing himself. Infamous in his own right, Jaxen next shared a number and contact. Of course, such a friendship wouldn't go unrewarded. So far, Nox was proving quite malleable. What did Jaxen care about a few doctor's visits?
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
[[ OH I wish I could just wave it off like he didn't know the name. ]]

Nox knew the name. Though he was pretty sure that Jaxen would not expect it. Which is why he had to say it. "You're name is on the god listing. Aria said you were hunted, but they obviously didn't kill you."
Nox smirked - obviously. " You have quite the reputation at our former headquarters. Breaking and entering into the Atharim house. Ballsy."

Nox looked down the road and then down the other side, he could get home from here. But a ride would always be nice, and walking on his leg was probably a shit idea. What he wouldn't give to heal that. From the burns he still felt to this new one - Nox was sure he was going to die by the end of the week.

"I'd offer to buy you a drink, Jaxen Marveet. But what I can afford and what you drink are probably two very separate things."
Nox's grin grew bigger. "But my friends have drinks that might suit your tastes."
He'd probably be paying Dorian back for the bottle they - rather Jay - drank several nights back. Nox had no idea how long he'd been gone. Fuck! It had been a whirlwind and with the Atharim hunting him he was pretty sure it wasn't going to slow down any.

[[ As for incentive - Dorian's place is teaming with weaves of all sorts outside for Jaxen to see - imagine an overdone yard at Christmas except with traps and trip wires instead of decorations all invisible to the those who can't see Saidin ]]
Jaxen grinned victoriously. "Obviously not. I'm glad my reputation preceeds me." But he waved off Nox's idea. "I can buy my own drinks, no need for that. These friends of yours also Atharim?"
If so, then Jaxen was eager to meet them.

When the car arrived, he told the driver to take them where Nox directed. Atharim or not, he was interested in knowing where Nox laid his head at night. Who knew what kind of information would be useful in the future.
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Nox laughed. "All my friends, if they were Atharim. They aren't anymore. Dorian was Atharim, a mole in the police and a cover for the Atharim."

The car came and they headed for Dorian's. The 10 foot rock walls had been power created. The driver pulled in to the driveway - the only clear path across the whole yard. Everything was rigged to send an ear splitting noise and a bright light. Flash bangs without direction were spaced, trip wires made of spirit spanned the entire yard, crisscrossing every which way. The windows were tripped with the same idea except direction weaves were used so the house didn't get hurt in the explosion or the occupants.

The house had once awed Nox once. But now it was home. He wasn't sure how things were going to go, he'd been gone a little while. "This is me. You are welcome to come in and grill Dorian if you want. I'm sure he'd love to meet a Marveet. I should know your father's name, but I don't."
Nox grinned.