This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Theoretical OP question
So I've been thinking about a device that limit's the OP of a channeler.  I'm thinking that it can only really limit their strength so I've been wondering how the OP in our world what strength really means.

Strength is how much power you can draw, and how long you can essentially channel -- in a nutshell.  Or at least that's how I envision the Strength number being represented.

Gonna use Nox as an example mostly because I know what he does and doesn't do lol.

Nox is maxed out at like 30 or 31.  Not overly strong in comparison.  But he's a Master at what he does do in most cases.

So if he draws max power and throws a fireball.  How does that differ if he say he only drew half his power, or 5% of his power? Is it just smaller, doesn't goes as far before fizzling out?

His skill doesn't change so what if it's more complex?  He typically can handle 3 different simpler weaves at the same time at about half his power?  Does being limited to only 5% of his power limit the number of flows he can handle?  Or is that pure skill?  If he drew all of his power and split flows could he handle more flows?  The more is definitely exponentially harder he's at his capacity at 3 as far as I'm concerned and won't ever do more, but it's a question on strength.

At dragonmount Strength (and Skill) determined what weaves you could and could not due.  And to further it Strength was also broken down into each of the 5 elements of the OP with a point buy system.  So we always knew what weaves we could or could not do based on our strength/skill levels.  I like our way better and am not suggesting we do anything with it.  I'm just curious as to what strength looks like.  Not so much against someone else, but what a person is capable of with the same skill level but with a limited strength cap.

Messages In This Thread
Theoretical OP question - by Nox - 04-24-2023, 08:21 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Thalia - 04-24-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Thalia - 04-24-2023, 08:50 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Nox - 04-24-2023, 08:50 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Thalia - 04-24-2023, 08:53 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Nox - 04-24-2023, 08:55 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Jaxen Marveet - 04-24-2023, 09:45 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Nox - 04-24-2023, 11:17 PM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Jaxen Marveet - 04-25-2023, 01:09 AM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Thalia - 04-25-2023, 05:42 AM
RE: Theoretical OP question - by Nox - 04-25-2023, 09:16 AM