This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reacclimating (Kallisti House of Burlesque)
Nox let the crying commence. He didn’t say anything, didn’t move just let Raffe do his thing. Every tear shed, every muffled sob shattered every hope he had of this turning out any other way than his fears had said. His heart crashed when Raffe said the words. Every fiber of his being wanted to lose his control on his emotions. It all wanted to crash in on him, but Nox took a deep breath and put his hand on Raffe’s knee. ”I understand.”

Nox grabbed his wallet and set it next to Raffe. ”There is a message on there for you when you are ready to hear it.” Nox stood up and took a second deep breath before he pressed a kiss to the top of Raffe’s head. ”I’ll make sure Sage gives you the new number. Feel free to do whatever you want with the wallet. I love you. I’m sorry.”

Nox took the next few steps up to their rooms. ”I’ll give you space. And time.” He stepped into his room and grabbed his still packed bags, the arm on the bed and wrapped the lotus in bonds of air so he could carry it without spilling the precious water.

Nox stood staring at the room he’d called home one last time before turning around and heading for the stairs and Raffe. ”I’ll see you at work.”
It was painful. The kiss on his head unravelled it all afresh, sparking tears he’d thought run utterly dry, though this time they only glistened landlocked. The sight of the bags tightened his chest. Somehow he hadn’t imagined that Nox would actually leave their home, even as he asked for space in the very same breath, and for a moment his heart was beating in a relentless panic. His gaze blinked away, a frown pressing his brow, but he only ended up staring at the wallet Nox had left him. He couldn’t watch the retreat down the stairs. Didn’t want to know if Nox took the lotus. Just nodded and let him leave, until the last echo of footsteps cleaved him back in two.