This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Masquerade [Kuskovo Estate]
Xander rarely shared the secret and much less his story, but there it was. Kristian Osterhagen was now a connection to his past. Fuck! Not that he worried about this man finding his secret out, but still it was concerning that he was being as free with is gift as he had been. Something about this place -- this strange new world where magic was openly visible and his gifts weren't nearly as strange as some others.

Jensen's concern made him smile but it was Kristian who pulled out more charm. He knew vaguely of the conspiracies and he'd have to look deeper into things. But this was a man who could be used if he ever needed help of the natural kind. A good relationship to foster. The music started playing again and Kristian turned to look inside the ball rooms beyond the door he'd exited. "I need to continue mingling and looking through the rose-colored glasses, so to speak." Kristian took a deep breath and pulled his shields around him ever so slightly. He couldn't read the images as readily from far way, but the auras still shone brightly enough they could hint at a mark or something of interest to his employer. "Care for a dance and then I'll let you mingle with the others? Or you can join me. Either way I'll find you near the end? I would very much like to see your gift up close and personal when this is all over." Things could be read into the words he spoke. But they were also innocent enough to just being friendly. Kristian didn't push. Xander might have. He might have to look up Seven at a later date see if he could draw anything from that connection. It had been fun night -- but Xander focused on the current task at hand.
"The greatest friend to a con artist is lack of knowledge." ~ Jane King