This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Empty
Aria shook her head. "There are only handful of so-called monsters and their sympathizers that feel this way and for good reason."
Aria sighed knowing all too well what distention got you. She had watched her scum bag of a handler die by the hands of the High Inquisitor all because he had a daughter who could wield the power of the gods.

Aria was brought from her thoughts by Emily's statement which just happened to coincide with the last few questions that the Ascendancy was answering from the press conference. Aria paled at the mention of the Atharim. "Yes. And now more than ever."

Ascendancy wanted to have all the godlings registered with the government. That sounded like a very bad idea. Very reminiscent of the X-men comics Aria had read in the concrete basement room of the Vatican library she'd read. That hadn't ended well for the government or the mutants. It won't end well now. And unless Ascendancy intended to eradicate the Atharim as a whole all it would take was one properly put agent to get their hands into that database. Playing both sides just got more complicated. Aria muttered to herself. "I wish Nox were here."

Aria blinked as she heard her own voice and frowned. She looked up to Emily. "Don't register right away. I need to make meet with some contacts. You aren't on the Atharim radar yet. Keep your cool. If you give me a way to contact you I'll let you know if it's safe to register."

Aria pulled out the wallet that Ascendancy gave her and texted one simple message to the only number in the thing. I need a meeting.

Aria's wallet buzzed. Aria sighed when she saw the message from Martin. Here! Now!

The only thought running through Aria's head was Fuck!
Emily frowned, a very foreign facial gesture. This woman wanted a way to contact her. She was confused, and didn't know what to do about it.

But the more she found out, the more she trusted this Aria. It was an instinctive feeling that this one was okay - for now. It was a difficult decision nonetheless. Emily had no desire to register with the government.

"Okay,"
she said, offering her contact information. As she thought about it, she was easy enough to get a hold of anyways and even easier to find.

The way the woman sighed when she read the message poked the part of Emily that cared for others. "Are you alright?"

Edited by Emily Shale, Jun 23 2016, 11:46 AM.
Aria looked up and frowned at the question. It was unusual for anyone to ask after her. "As right as rain."
She said sarcastically. Nox was have a bad effect on her humor as of late. "Shit hit the fan. My boss wants me to come in - now. And yet I can't do that. Not yet. I already know what he wants."
To kill Ascendancy now. No more waiting do it now. She could already hear Martin Borovsky's voice yelling at her. This was her fault. All her fault.

Aria's other wallet buzzed in her hand. It was going to get confusing after a while. It was a brief message - a time and a place. It was more than she had expected.

Aria took out a piece of paper from her pocket and the small nub of pencil she carried. "This is how you can contact me if necessary."
She didn't like sharing via the wallet. It was completely possible, but that tech could easily be modified to clone your phone and it had been pretty much beaten into her that her wallet was not to leave her hands.

It was time to go. Aria offered her hand to Emily. "Sorry for running into you, but I have to go now. World changing event and all."
Aria grinned at the other woman.