This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Flying Solo
Connor smiled slightly as Nox seemed to become more flustered at the combined attentions of all three of them. And felt a bit bad for him. Strange, that. For some reason he felt a slight connection to the kid. Or at least there was something familiar about him, a shadow of it, anyway. Enough that Connor found himself putting his gun away for good and putting one hand on the table while the other went to Ayden's knee to give it a slight squeeze. He knew she was ticklish there and wanted to convey to her his feeling. He smiled at her slightly

The PI could be handled by Ayden or Nox if they chose, of that he had no doubt. He picked up his drink and downed it in one gulp. Then he fixed his gaze on the PI. "I think you are hiding in your logic. You say you've not been tailing him since you only just arrived. That's not the same thing as you are not actually interested in him for some reason. You said as much with your words."
He leaned forward. "I can tell you that I am not a fan of people stalking me or Ayden. Not even a little bit. I'm sure the kid here wouldn't like it either."
He smiled. "If it really came down to it, I don't think you'd enjoy his 'not liking it' at all, if you know what I mean."
He wouldn't give away Nox's secret. But it was a friendly reminder.

And Connor realized that Nox might need help. Or at least have some options, trapped as he was between a rock and a hard place. And that Nox could be a source of information. He still wanted to do something. He wasn't sure what, exactly. But he owed it to Hayden. And Ayden. And Nox, now.
Ayden's squirmed unwillingly at Connor's touch, she disliked that involuntary movement, it showed weakness to an enemy. But she loved when Connor touched her, it was a double edged sword at times.

He spoke like a paranoid person, she smiled happily. But he relaxed, it may not have been visible to anyone but her, but his hand on the table said that he trusted those he knew at the table. She wasn't exactly certain she should trust the boy Atharim, but he was attempting to protect her despite the fact that she was what he was in all terms of the thought. Atharim and a so-called god. It almost made her shudder. The devastation he could reap on the world. And he sat there with a grin and a beer like the world was nothing but simple and fun.

She had to give it to Nox, he definitely came off as either likable or hate able. It was one or the other and she was finding that he was pushing her both ways at the same time. Which was highly confusing. Connor seemed to like him. He was about the age his son would be. Ayden's heart sank and put her hand on Connor's knee. She had a glimpse into his heart break. This boy better not take advantage of Connor or he'd pay dearly for it.

Ayden would let the boys handle the rest, she leaned in to Connor and sipped at her drink. She really didn't want to drink it, but at the time she ordered it it had seemed like a good idea.

Ayden didn't watch the newcomer she watched Nox, like he was a tiger about to spring. She would be ready if he unleashed hell on them.
Nox was essentially trapped in his seat, stupid stupid stupid he chided himself. Connor had cornered him and then he had swapped with the PI, now the PI sat next to him. Nox laughed as he wiped his hand across his forehead like he'd been sweating the fact that the man might be trying to pick him up. "That's a relief."
He grinned playfully.

But Nox was done eating, the third beer sat untouched in front of him. While Nox wanted to know why this guy was following him, he wasn't exactly sure he wanted them to know why. His business was his after all, and he had secrets to keep just like anyone else. Why a private investigator was looking into him could be bad. And he knew that he hadn't been followed, he wasn't that careless. And if he'd been around for long Aria would surely have noticed, if s he'd been around that is.

Nox was not feeling safe in the least. The shield of air wrapped around him and he held on to it like it meant life or death. He was sure it had little to do with anything really. Like a child with their favorite stuffed toy clutched in their hands, that's all it really was.

He turned to the man in his way. "I think I'd like to leave now. Unless any of ya'll object."

Before anyone could say anything Nox reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a scrap of paper and a pencil. He jotted down Aria's phone number and slide it across the table to Connor. "Aria's number. I'd give you mine, but that would look suspicious. She's not aware of your fiance's predicament or yours for that matter, and you've prior contact. Aria will want to talk to you again, so do call her. I'll tell her I've met you."
Nox smiled. He'd do more than just tell her he'd met her, he'd tell her everything that happened. It was the nature of their friendship.

He turned to the PI with a grin. "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go home. You are free to follow me there."
He gave the man a sideways grin. "I've never had a puppy before."

**Double post - please delete**

Edited by Emily Shale, Feb 25 2015, 02:47 AM.
These guys certainly were a puzzle. Simba had held up the man at gun point less than a half an hour before , and now was defending him. He and Nala wondered if Nox was dangerous, but seemed to already know. It was strange. There was a piece to this puzzle missing.

But Nox wanted to leave and Tommy wasn't going to hinder that, he stood, allowing Nox to leave without a word. Tommy nodded to the pair still seated at the table. "I'll leave you two in peace. Goodnight." He moved towards the bar, but thought. The woman had clearly been irritated and he wondered if their night had been a date that had been ruined by unfortunate circumstances. If so , he had played a role in that. He felt guilty for that. They needed have been involved in his work.

He would wait at the bar for a bit allowing enough time to pass so that he wouldn't be following Nox. He would leave his quarry be for now. He would talk to the waitress and pick up Simba and Nala's tab. It was the least he could do. The only reason why he wouldn't is if they left now, in which case there was nothing to be done.

((OOC: If you wish to stop him, go ahead, otherwise, I've laid out what he will do. He'll have a few drinks and leave picking up Ayden and Connor's tab unless you two leave now.))

[Image: Thomas_zps57abb111.jpg]
Thomas Romero
Nox wanted to go and Connor could understand why. The PI got up to let Nox go. But before he got up to leave, Nox gave him Aria's contact information. Connor took it without looking at it. Instead he looked at Ayden for a moment. Strangely, a memory came to him. A ring of keys she'd given to him. It had been an act of pure trust. He smiled at her and slid it to her. He would do what she was comfortable with. She had first claim on his loyalties and concerns.

Still, he looked at the kid. The PI wouldn't understand, so he said "I know what it's like to feel trapped, kid."
He laughed at the memory. Can't go, can leave. "Here,"
he said pulling out a pen and writing on a napkin. "If you need help getting away."

It seemed stupid. It wasn't like he knew anything about that. Well, that was not strictly true. He knew the dark-web well enough. The real mastermind was sitting next to him, though. Not that she seemed eager to help him. Still, he just felt like he owed it to the kid.

As he stood he had that slender youthful gangly look that Hayden had. Before a grown man's thickness of face and chest really hit you. Or maybe he was imagining it. Still, he felt good about giving him the information.

To the PI he nodded. "Thanks for the drink."
It was all he cared to say, really. A strange night.