This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Gala or No?
Manifesto wasn't really her type of club. Emily enjoyed more laid back places mostly, but here she felt she could think better, and Ayden wasn't responding to her messages, so she had to be alone. She sat at the bar, wondering about Ascendancy's proclamation. Emily needed a drink.

Everything would change now, and of course it would happen just as Emily was starting to figure things out. Emily was stressed. With the announcement, the board had questioned the safety of having the Gala still, but Emily had pushed for it. Additional security might be need for the event, but people here could use the release. It was all still up in the air though.

A text came through her wallet, and Emily hoped it was Ayden finally responding. Emily could use a friend right now, but it was just her sister. Rachel was still worried about Cruz. Emily replied back and told her she would ask Dorian about it. Emily sighed, and rubbed at her temple.

"Can I help you?"
the bartender asked.

"Long Island,"
she said. She wanted something a little stronger.

As the bartender made her drink, she sent Dorian a message.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>Outgoing Message</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

Hey Dorian,

Rachel hasn't heard from Cruz in awhile, and is getting concerned because of everything that is going on. She just wants to know if he's okay. I'm sorry about this.

ES

Emily hoped her sister hadn't chosen the wrong guy, but this was unlike the young Vega. The bartender brought her drink and offered her a smile along with it. She knew the bartender would listen to her troubles, but she wasn't quite sure she wanted to, so Emily sipped her drink in silence.
<dt>To Emily from Dorian</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
Cruz has been under the weather and incapable of responding. He is feeling better and should be contacting Rachel soon. He has much to digest and process in his scholarly absence.

<dt>To Cruz from Dorian</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
Emily texted - Call Rachel ASAP! She is worried.

<dt>To Rachel from Cruz</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
Sorry for my lack of response. My dad didn't feel right responding to my messages while I was under the weather. Maybe we can meet up tonight? That is if you still want to see me.
<dt>To Dorian from Emily</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

Thank you for your quick response, Dorian. I told her it was something of the sort, but she's a little more worried with the state of things right now. Hope Cruz feels better soon.
Thanks

Emily read the text and sent her reply right away. She then turned back to her drink, not really paying attention to what was going on around her.

<dt>To Cruz from Rachel</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

Thank you for checking in. I hope you're feeling better. Sorry for worrying about you [Image: 4.png]

I'd like to see you, but I'm not sure it's entirely safe right now.
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
We'll be fine as long as we stay away from the Kremlin. Unless of course you have the magical powers the Ascendancy is talking about. Or are some fanatic out to kill them. I think we'll be fine.
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

Okay - just don't keep me out too late. This whole situation scares me.
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
You could come over here. I'm sure my dad won't mind, and would prefer I stay close to home. Or I could come see you.
<dd> </dd>
</dl>

I'll come over. Be there soon.

Emily received Rachel's text saying she was going to Cruz's. Emily texted her back, telling her to keep safe and to keep her wallet on her. Emily also said not to leave Cruz's until she went home. Rachel agreed.