This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Promises, Promises
Suffice to say, Jaxen was confused.

He looked back and forth between Nox and the kid. Then when the latter spaced out, Jaxen lowered his wallet. Everyone seemed to be looking at the kid, but he was still as a statue. Like his very soul skipped out of his body for a few minutes. Was he an Ancient? Was he using the Ancient Power in some unknown way?

"Sage?"
Jaxen muttered the name to himself, testing its familiarity but finding none.

His eyes narrowed a moment, but he nodded at Nox to tell the kid to do what he wanted to do. Meanwhile, Jaxen had an idea.

He lifted his wallet and tilted the screen into stealth mode. Red flashed from his sleeve, illuminating his fingertips and the connection to the wallet was made. A few moments later, Voxel's identity came online. Let's see what happens.

Nobody present should be aware, but just in case, his eyes flicked to Sage.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Nox spoke like he was far away even though he was standing exceptionally close to him. "Whatever you want Sage."

Sage gave a bare nod but he wasn't really there anyway, it was strange how Nox understood more than others. Maybe he was used to weird.

A presence came on to his network with the connection he'd given to only one person. A sly smile slipped across his lips. It explained a lot. Sage sent a simple message across to Voxel's screen. <small>TOLD YOU I'D BE WATCHING YOU.

</small>

Sage sent dispatch a fake dispatch report that said the disturbance was only fireworks gone awry. Fireworks were confiscated and warning issued. Sage even recorded the entry in the police lock up for confiscated items. Someone would go crazy when they did inventory, but that was their problem not his.

Sage sighed with fake relief. "That was close."

convert binary | biography
The message popped up and Jaxen yelled. The Wallet fell from his grasp like a bug jumped up and bit him.

Eyes saucers, he stared at Sage. What just happened was impossible.

Then again, Jaxen was intimately aware of impossible shit being possible.

He quickly scooped up the Wallet and disconnected Voxel from the network. He was pretty sure none of the others were aware of what just happened, but at least the government was off their backs.

"Interesting friends you have, Nox,"
he muttered as he scooped up the Wallet and hid it away in a pocket.

He stepped forward to shake Sage's hand, but held his eyes as they shared the secret of each other. Did Nox know how Aria had been found? He must not. "Jaxen,"
he offered.

Today was turning into far more fun than he ever expected.

"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Sage was gone. And then out of nowhere Jaxen yelled and dropped his wallet. Nox glanced at Cruz who was still working with the power to fix all that had gone wrong. But he didn't know what it was all about. The compliment made Nox look at Sage with his shit eating grin as he shook hands with the richer man - not that Sage was poor by any means. Nox had to agree though, "I'll have to find a way to thank my sister for the introductions I think."
More of a remembrance, a memento of their time. Nox still wasn't sure he liked the idea that Sage had slept with his sister and wanted more with him. But that was for another time.

Nox sighed and looked at Cruz working. He stepped past the two men who were sharing a moment. Nox would have to ask later. But he was pretty sure he'd not get an answer that was satisfying.

"The offer of the drink still stands, Jaxen. But I have to fix all this mess now."
Nox turned to look at Jaxen. "I owe you big time, so you have my number if you want more information about the Atharim I have what I have and you are welcome to it. Sage might be able to send it your way if you truly want it all. But most of what I have is monster information, maps of the city and the underground tunnels as far as I've been which honestly not sure how far that is, but farther than the Atharim maps went anyway."

Nox didn't wait for an answer he busied himself with remaking the flash bang bombs while Cruz fixed and strengthened all the trip wires and laid them back down.

Nova scrambled to him from where ever he'd been and pounced on Nox's injured leg making his knee buckle and the weave slip from his grasp making a small flash and a little pop. "Thanks Nova. Ow."
Nox sat down and let the pup climb into his lap and lick him all over while he started again. "I missed you too."
Sage shook Jaxen's hand with a grin so wide he was sure his cheeks were going to fall off. He'd made himself known. Voxel had called him an AI, now he knew the truth. It was pretty much how Grim had been and Sasha too. He missed them, but this life was almost more interesting. Nox got into more trouble than he could shake a stick at and Aurora wasn't here to protect him anymore. He needed someone.

But while he thought about it he sent Sasha a message () zoning out a little while he did it.

Nox offered up information and Sage nodded. "I can send you the information, send me a text when you are on a secure connection and I'll send it over. Do you want to come in for a drink? Or maybe when Nox is done he'll cook something to give Christian a break."
Sage said the latter so Nox would hear.

"I can cook something later, yeah. But nothing fancy I'm exhausted."
But he never looked back. And Nova was more of a distraction than anything as the puppy licked and bound all over him while he was working with the power he possessed. It still amazed Sage. Cruz was standing still concentration, you could see the sweat rolling from his brow he was working so hard. But Nox was petting and playing with the puppy while he worked. And Sage knew Nox was working, he wasn't sure how, but he knew. He couldn't see it, but he knew. Just like he knew Cruz was too.

convert binary | biography
[[ gonna wrap this up so we can all get to the next thread ]]

It took the better part of an hour to fix and reconstruct and fortify all the traps laid on Dorian's estate. Sage took Jaxen in, or he left either way it was just him and Cruz outside.

"You know Dad put your name on the ticket to the fundraiser right?"

"No. Uh... you do know I have nothing to wear to something like that."

Cruz laughed. "Dad had it covered, he's an excellent judge of size and style. It's white tie."

I sighed. "You also know Ascendancy probably doesn't want to see me."

He grinned at me. "Dad, is not here so you have to come now."

"Where is Dorian?"

Cruz sighed. "We'll talk about that later. Right now we have to finish this up, and you have a meal to cook. And probably some sleep to catch up on."