This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Covered in Snow
Sierra's response to his asking of forgiveness should have made him feel better, but it didn't. Not to mention that he could still feel the tension between them. She was still angry it seemed and Calvin didn't know how to make her feel better. He wanted to, but now he felt very sad and discouraged. The guilt was there too, and Calvin was almost sure that he would have to call Lucas now.

She asked him to play his guitar, and suddenly he felt self conscious. "I've only been playing for three weeks. I'm not very good, but okay."

He played a Spanish folk song he had been learning. He knew the words, but didn't sing along. It was one of the songs he had practiced a lot. He still made mistakes, but for three weeks, he did pretty well, especially given that it was difficult to concentrate. He poured his emotion into it, trying to pull the guilt and sadness away, but even the guitar couldn't take it all away now.

Calvin finished and as he did, he sent Snow images of Sierra as a wounded wolf and Calvin helping to fix it, but he didn't know how. He sent confusion and sadness and asked Snow how he could help her heal and make her happy again. He asked Snow for help - Calvin didn't know what to do. He didn't know why he asked the wolf. Maybe it was because Snow knew her better or that he had almost seemed like the alpha wolf of their little pack - when they were one.

Calvin almost set the guitar down, but instead he offered it to Sierra. "Would you like to try?"
He wasn't sure he wanted to give up his shield. "Or do you sing?"
Calvin wasn't sure how the idea had popped into his head.
Sierra shook her head. She neither played guitar or sang. She was a photographer, and that was all she was. The mere thought of her camera pulled it into existence around her neck. Snow nuzzled it fondly. Sierra nodded. She would start again.

She looked up from Snow's muzzle and looked at Calvin. "I have my own saving graces."
She indicated the camera around her neck. She smiled, "Little good it does me here though."

She looked away, into the heavenly horizon that sat on them. It wasn't intentional, but she wanted to see pretty things, and in the dream, the world obeyed. "I'm sorry that your world crashed when Snow died. It was the last weight for your strong back to bear."
She looked to him. "But I am glad you are regaining that strength. One day I will find it. But for now, I'm happy to see my friend."
Snow whined softly in her lap, Sierra smiled. "My friends at the moment. I do not know when I will return to Moscow, but I will call when I do. This has been a trying evening. I should go. I must tend the fire where I sleep I can feel the cold pressing in on me."
Calvin was a little bit sad that she didn't want to try to the guitar, but part of him was relieved. He didn't have to let go of his shield yet, but he wanted to see her try the guitar. It might have been amusing.

She seemed more relaxed though - at least - she seemed better than before. That made Calvin happy. She even smiled - really smiled - and called him friend. They seemed to be okay - even if things got a bit rough in the future. At least he wouldn't have to call Lucas at 3 AM.

"Thanks. And please call - it will be nice to see you - awake that is."
Calvin smiled. "Until then."

They stood and Calvin thought about giving Sierra a hug, but he didn't, instead he scratched Snow on the head. "See you later."

Calvin and Sierra left the dream. Calvin would visit that spot again, but he was pretty sure he found what he was looking for there - an old wolf den. The next day, he would work on the other tasks for Chase.