This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Perrin and the Way of the Leaf
Vlad always made me feel incredibly sad. I think he and Malaika would have found a lot of common ground had they ever interacted more; they both had a very quiet approach to life. She was used for war against her will but always found meaning in people and peace. Though she never understood warders or their use (well, she did, but she did not accept that another could or should lay down their life for hers) so his particularly circumstance would have been a puzzle to her too. I never got to finish her arc, but I like to think she did eventually find her own peace (and accepted that she did have inherent worth as a person). I'd like to think Vlad did too. Not that he seemed depressed in the same way Malaika was when the site died, but he didn't seem wholly fulfilled either.

Man Vs himself is thought provoking, and broadly speaking they're often the stories/characters that stay with me longest. One of the reasons I love Jai so much. Also why I will never forgive you for the sword. 

It's been a long time since I read lotr so it really wouldn't surprise me if Vlad's sig is why I remember the quote. It is a good one.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
Perrin and the Way of the Leaf - by Thalia - 06-03-2020, 07:36 AM
RE: Perrin and the Way of the Leaf - by Thalia - 06-03-2020, 10:15 AM