This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS
SPOILERS for episode 6

Huh. Interesting. I’m not actually sure what I think. It’s definitely one that will need a rewatch.

That ending though.

I loved the cold intro and Moiraine and Suian’s relationship. I figured the portrait in Moiraine’s room was going to be something to do with communicating with Suian, but the actual implementation seemed strange, because it felt like they both met in a fishing hut in Tear. Like, what? Since when can ter’angreal do that? Was it supposed to be TAR?

I’m gonna go ahead and assume that Ishy is sending Suian false dreams (or maybe one of the others, I’m not convinced he’s the only one able to touch the world right now). My prediction is that they will tie in whatever happens at the Eye with the obvious release of the Forsaken. Not really sure why they think the DO’s prison is there, unless it’s a result of misinformation (or they changed it I suppose).

Loved the obvious difference between the face Suian presents as the Amyrlin and the clothes she chooses to wear in her study.

If the Waygate is opened by a channeler, how did the trollocs get through? 

Also found it curious that Moiraine said she didn’t know Nynaeve was a channeler prior to the healing, but still recognised the potential in Egwene.

I don’t think Mat is clear of the dagger influence. Did we actually see what happened to it? All I remember is that Lan covered it up. I suspect from the “he’ll get corrupted if he touches it again'' comment that what she did may be more akin to the reprieve of the books. Which explains why he stayed behind.

Logain’s performance was stand-out. Poor Loial felt underutilised though.

Who is Liandrin meeting up with in the city? I think she’s getting her information on the E5 from Fain.

I guess the flashbacks are going to come as a result of the characters all getting the chance to share stories (from Moiraine’s line of dialogue as they left)? The reunion was quite sweet but the exposition a little clunky. I wonder if the Ways themselves might prove to be a much more horror-esque sequence. Although Machin Shin was different to Mashadar, they run the risk of feeling very same-y as a threat.

I dunno. I have no idea how they’re going to pull all this together at this point.

It was nice to see Moiraine’s Eyes and Ears network in play, and it had some great bits to it, but I’m not sure if an episode entirely from her POV right now comes at the expense of the E5, especially after the last episode (happy to wait and see how the final two episodes roll out though). I think it might be one I enjoy watching more when the whole season is done. From the perspective of someone who hasn’t read the books, I think it was important for plot purposes.

Either the hour slot isn’t long enough, or there only being 8 episodes has just compressed things too much. I mostly like the direction they take, it’s not that, but I don’t feel like we’re getting everything we should.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM