This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS
I watched again and Moiraine’s words to Lan are about sharing “losses” not mistakes.

Her turning up in the cave did seem opportunistic rather than planned like I thought. I like the idea that she engineered it somehow, it would be very Blue, but there’s really no evidence of it that I noticed. It bothers me a little that Ghealdan just turned up and caught them unawares, but oh well.

Moiraine questioned Logain about being the DR and denounced him only when she saw Kerene was conscious, I think she then joined the effort to shield him because she had no choice not because she believed he was definitely false. Else he said something that tipped her off, I don’t know what (possibly that the voices wanted something -- for him to learn -- but I dunno). She only acted when she saw Kerene awake and weaving though.

I don’t think Logain allowed himself to be captured in the first place given how he fights the shield but also tries to kill the AS. Killing them seems too desperate if he’s strong enough to be in control. He didn’t smile before breaking free, I was wrong about that it was earlier. I think the suggestion is that the voices of madness are whispering to him the whole time.

I watched with subtitles this time, and for the voices whispering to Logain in the cold open we are given a name for the female voice. Elusha. That surprised me if they’re just supposed representational of disembodied madness. X-ray says the character is called Elusha Salid. It’s the only time she appears in season 1. The male voice is not given a name and isn’t accredited in xray (maybe it’s Steve lol).

Logain thought they were past dragons. Either it's madness or they’ve lied to him about who they are under the guise of “teaching him to do better.” Did Logain have a mentioned sister in the books? It seemed far more like manipulation than madness to me. So what or who are these voices? It still seems very Forsaken to me. Certainly it’s going to turn out to be something… any other guesses?

On a second viewing, Thom’s fight with the fade (and the way the fade moved) was even more standout. I loved the horror influences of that whole segment. I think it’s a shame we didn’t get a bit more before his exit though, it lacked the emotional punch it should have had.

I still love the ending. Logain’s performance is superb. The emotion when he’s gentled.

And Nynaeve. Well, it’s still just wow.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 11-26-2021, 02:23 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-26-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 04:34 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 10:03 PM