This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS
I think Loial is their navigator. He does read the direction stone things in the books. Didn't the trollocs suffer massive losses when they went through on their own? The poor Ogier sounded very grumpy to be there.

Yes, you're right about it being killing the DO not sealing him. My husband just watched so I saw the scene again. Siuan says the DO will be there at the Eye and is weak, and that it might be their best chance to destroy him. The latter part could easily be her interpretation I guess. If you are repeatedly seeing the DO in a weak position, prophecy or no prophecy you would be tempted to take that chance. Honestly, that's why I think the dream is a trap. It's only Moiraine who specifically mentions the DO's prison. 

You're right, we don't really know what they think the DO is. But I think the viewer is encouraged to think of flame guy so the omission might be purposeful. We already know Ishy was the last one to bring the dragon to the DO from what Dana said, so they are not merging them. I think they've just gotten rid of the Ba'alzamon title, are letting us think the flame guy is the DO without naming him, and will then disabuse us of the notion before the end. I think that's when we'll find out the Forsaken are released (or have been out for some time, potentially, especially if they find the seal broken already as in the books).

There have been a couple of things that might be Forsaken related imo (when Valda described a "witch" telling him that Aes Sedai hand movements are a crutch it sounded FAR more like something a Forsaken would say, to me. Aes Sedai don't admit deficiencies, and to them it was lost knowledge at this point. A Forsaken from the AoL though would certainly find it dumb) but I'm really not certain the Forsaken are out physically yet. I guess we'll find out.

I thought the same about Liandrin/Alviarin but their temperaments are quite different. Galina? Or potentially both. Valda definitely seems a three-way lol. It's a good point about her meeting a man in north harbour if the Forsaken are at large already though.

I agree, I think they have replaced the WC deaths with Laila's; I assumed as recognition that it's (more than) enough trauma for him to be dealing with. If they keep the trial, he may allow it because of his guilt for her anyway, they've already broached him feeling like he deserves the punishment (and I think they will blame him for the wolves, who did kill WCs). His previous dream suggests he will blame his being a wolfbrother for Laila's death, and since the WCs were also killed by his being a wolfbrother, that might be enough of a connection in his mind. The WC will be integral to Perrin's story when he goes home so maybe they will work something else in if they need to. The WCs aren't total cardboard villains, we saw Bornhold was far more measured. It's just Valda who is the psychopath, and he's the one they've focused on. They have lots of time to explore that more fully later on.

I find it interesting that Valda isn't more nuanced, and why that might be, but i may be overthinking it. He could just be a run of the mill psychopath.

I loved Egwene in the Amyrlin's study. Her expression when Nynaeve doesn't bother bowing, and how she puffs up when she thinks Suian is describing her as the greatest channeler they'd ever seen, only to look at Nynaeve in surprise.

Also, ships going missing in the West sounds like it's a lead-in to the Seanchan to me.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM