This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Friendly Little Spar
Pyotr was exhausted. He hadn't worked this hard in a long time. As he left, Nox took him around the shoulder. "We are going for a drink, care to join us? A little booze, a bit of the power and maybe even some women. How's that sound. Name's Nox by the way."

Pyotr paused, taken off guard by the invitation. Why would they want him to come with them. He gave Nox a suspicious look and then looked at Tattoo. That one just looked like he wanted to beat him up. There was a slight fear in his gaze as he said. "Uhhhh...really?"

Pytor heard a sigh behind him and when he turned around, Pyotr saw Charlie approaching. "Listen kid, I've seen your type in here a million times. You're the kid that everyone pushes around and finally decided he's had enough and wants to learn to fight back, right?"
Pyotr opened his mouth to respond, but Charlie kept talking. "There are really two types of people like you. The first kind chicken out after day one. I never see them again. The second keep with it and eventually, they push back when someone pushes them. I wonder which one you're going to be."
Pyotr tried to respond again, but Charlie didn't stop. "I'll tell you this too - the reason why these guys push you around and kick your ass is because you look like you want it. Sometimes they might be trying to thicken your skin - other times, they just want to make you squirm. Step one: stop being such a pussy and step two - get your ass back here tomorrow. If you chicken shit out, I don't wanna see your pansy ass in my gym again, but if you come back be ready to work. When you got some training under your belt - you'll have a fight."
He walked over to Bas. "You're gonna fight Bas - why him? Because I can tell you're scared of the gopnik!
A smile colored the word and was accentuated with a friendly punch. Bas apparently wasn't a gopnik. "And I want you to go into that fight knowing that he has more experience and has trained longer than you and he's gonna kick your ass. Why? Because after your ass has been thoroughly kicked, Bas is going to pick you up off the ring and respect you because even though you weren't going to win, you made him work for it. Understand?"

Pyotr's mouth dropped open at that and he stood there looking dumbfounded for a moment. Pyotr closed his mouth before answering. "Uhhhh...I understand."

"Don't give me that 'uhhhh' shit. Be confident!"

Pyotr cleared his throat. "I understand. I'll be here tomorrow for another session."

"Talk is cheap, kid. Show me you mean it by being here."
He gave Bas and Nox a smile. "Have fun tonight - don't get into too much trouble."
He then left to help another fighter.

Pyotr turned back to Nox, feeling a little more confident now - he didn't know why, but he did. As he thought about it, a drink sounded good. He wasn't sure about the women part, but part of him wondered...gah it was all confusing. "I didn't expect to go out after I was done and I didn't expect to work as hard as I did. I'm gonna go home, shower, and change, and then I'll meet you guys. Where will you be?"

Edited by Pyotr Grigory, Sep 24 2014, 04:49 PM.
Bas grinned through Charlie's entire shpiel. Especially at the end when he told him who he'd be fighting. He gave him a right wicked grin then. Of course, he wasn't really gonna go too hard on the kid. He was never too much of a bully. He'd do enough so the kid got a feel for what an ass-whooping felt like. Lot of people never got that. So they didn't learn that it wasn't that big a deal. You win some, you lose some. You take a hit and you keep going. Course, you make it your goal in life to lose every fight and pretty soon you're a walking target. Like this guy apparently was. But if he was there tomorrow, Charlie would whip him into shape. And after that fight, he'd buy the kid a round.

Course then the kid had to say he needed to go home. He turned to Nox and rolled his eyes. "First rule, kid Always bring extra clothes. Life's too short to be wasting time having to run home and change for everything. There's a shower and lockers in the back for that stuff. So next time, be prepared."
A smile to say that he was trying to help the guy.

He looked at Nox and then the kid. "Comrade Nox here has amnesia. So he's not any help in the 'where to go' department. And I damn sure ain't goin to anywhere you'd suggest. So, I guess I get to choose. And that means...."
He thought for a moment. Place to get a drink, find some girls. Maybe a fight or two. And where they could hear each other. "Kafe MIO. You know where that is...um....look we could call you Weasel if you want. Not a bad nick-name. But what'd your mom call you?"

The kid seemed taken aback, but answered, somewhat firmly (he'd listened to Charlie, it looked like) "Pyotr."

"Alright. As the man said, I'm Bas. And you met Nox. So get home, get changed, and get your ass to Kafe Mio."
He looked at his wallet. It was around 7pm. Still early, he supposed. Course, the kid might turn into a pumpkin if they stayed out too late, so it had to do. And you could always find trouble. "I'm sure your wallet can show you the way. About 8pm then. It'll be fun, I promise. Don't puss out."

After a few words, the kid walked away. He looked at Nox. "Wonder if he'll show?"
He shrugged. "Anyway, I'm gonna get changed."
He left Nox- didn't really matter if the guy had to change too. He needed to do his thing- and went to the lockers where he got showered up and into some fresh clothes: a button down worn black shirt and some faded blue jeans over his usual black thick-soled boots. For a coat he had a simple maroon leather jacket.

He met Nox out front. "Ready? Let's go man."
Nox listened to the trainer talk, he almost sounded like he really cared. But then again he was a trainer for a reason. Nox really didn't care less. He was a bit surprised to hear that he had to go home and do his thing, Nox wondered if he was shy on top of being a wuss.

But Pyotr did agree to go out with them. Nox was almost sad when he offered his name. He grinned as he hummed pop goes the weasel again. For once he wasn't trying to unnerve him, just trying to make sure he got the reference. Though it was going to be very difficult to stop doing that. Though Nox hoped soon his mind wouldn't be on his shit memory or weasel boy either. A good night was needed, Bas should live up to what he claimed, or at least the getting in trouble part.

Bas went to the back and Nox followed. Nox was done quickly. And back in the front chatting with the guy at the desk, and paying for a week, for now. He needed to get into shape if he was going to be fighting anything, and the helpless feeling felt wrong, he knew, no he felt he could do a whole lot better. Power or no, fighting was in his blood. He knew it.

"Ready? Let's go man."

Nox nodded and pulled his leather jacket on as he followed Bas out the door. He hated the winter, and Moscow as cold as hell. He knew he wasn't meant for cold weather, and he wondered why he'd come here. There had to be a pretty big reason why he'd have left the good ol' US of A. Why hadn't anyone here claimed knowledge of him yet? So many questions, and zilch for answers. Drinking was going to help find the, but it made him feel better, less like the lost cause he felt now.

Continued in Rollin'

Edited by Nox, Sep 25 2014, 11:10 AM.