This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

It's a Date
Nox listened carefully. He'd only see the crazy ones before the animialstic ones. Her last comment coincided with his own thoughts he nearly spit out the wine he'd just taken a sip of. Nox coughed until he cleared his lungs of the misplaced wine with a wry grin. "Primal feelings eh?"

He grinned at her "It's probably a good thing we didn't go dancing. Not sure I could keep my promise if we did."
And he wasn't lying. But he wanted to keep that promise. She didn't need his shit piled on top of her problems.

Nox pulled his chair closer to the table and focused his thoughts on anything but sex or dancing. "So these senses - that tunnels had to smell worse than they do to me. I know when I hold the power everything is more vivid. Sights, sounds, smell. Nothing like your's I'd assume - being still human connections and all. How'd you fight off going crazy like the ones we take down?"
Nox set his fork down on his empty plate, he hadn't realized he cleaned it - he'd barely tasted the meal he was so absorbed in Elyse.
Elyse nodded at him as she finished her plate. ”Yes, I smelled the tunnels much more keenly than you likely did. I was glad we had refrained from eating beforehand.”

She stood up and moved over to collect Nox’s plate. She gave him a brief kiss. ”Thanks for dinner.”
she said and collected both of their plates.

Elyse put the plates in the sink, and continued with answering Nox’s other question. ”It sounds easy, but it’s really just remembering you’re human. The strange thing is, it’s the wolves that teach us how to be safe with our abilities.”

She paused as she opened the fridge and pulled out a beer. ”Some step too far into the dream world and forget they are humans. Others, well, they just don’t want to be human anymore. They lose all sense of purpose, and decide they fit in more with the wolves than people.”
There was some sadness in her voice as she remembered the one she had let go.

Elyse handed Nox the beer. ”This seems more like you.”
she smiled and topped off her wine glass before sitting on the couch. ”Come sit with me.”
Elyse kissed him and Nox lost most thought. He watched her move ignoring the fact that she was cleaning up the mess he'd made which Aurora would not be happy to see. He'd be sure to clean up before he left. She didn't seem overly into cleaning right now as she pulled a beer out of the fridge and handed it to him as she continued her story. He grinned at her as he opened it up and took a deep swallow. "You are so right."
But when she sat down on the couch Nox hesitated.

He closed his eyes and rubbed his hands on his brand new jeans. He took a deep breath and stood up. Nox put on the fake smile to hide his discomfort. "Alright."
He sat down next to her but not too close. What the fuck am I doing? Nox leaned back against the couch and smiled. "I'll be honest. You make me nervous. Girls don't make me nervous. But you do and it's has nothing to do with your wolfish qualities."
He leaned forward and looked back at her with grin. "That is probably the most comfortable thing about this."
Elyse wasn’t sure how to feel. Elyse made him nervous. She wasn’t really surprised, but at the same time, she was. She liked Nox. She liked talking to him and being around him. She didn’t want to push him away.

”What’s wrong?”
she asked with a frown on her face.

Nox grinned. ”Nothing’s wrong. Everything’s great. That’s the problem. I don’t date. I don’t cook for girls. Take them dancing. Typically pick them up, have sex, and go home. Never see them again.”

Elyse smiled - really smiled - her golden eyes almost aglow. She was special in his eyes. Men didn’t admit those things to girls. They didn’t say things like that, but Nox had said more than what his words had stated. Nox had admitted to liking her. He was nervous because this was new to him.

”Well you just did - took a girl out on a date - cooked dinner. You still owe me a dance and I will hold you to that.”
she said with a grin. ”And did you enjoy it.”
Nox laughed. " I didn't take you out. Was this a date? Yes, but we didn't go out.
He smiled at her.

Nox took out his wallet and picked a slow song, didn't really matter what it was. He stood up and smiled as he offered her his hand. The music started playing. "Dance with me.

Elyse took his hand and stood up with a soft laugh. He pulled her close, his hands around her waist. It wasn't exactly what he'd meant when he wanted to take her dancing, but this worked for the moment. He moved Elyse around her living room to the soft sway of the music.

He leaned down and took a quick breath of her hair and skin. He bit his bottom lip and whispered into her ear. "I want to kiss you."

Elyse smiled as he pulled her closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they moved slowly through the room. She looked into his eyes until he leaned down.

She felt his voice on her ear. "I want to kiss you."

Elyse heart skipped a beat in excitement. She had wanted to hear this from him. Elyse pulled him closer.

"Please do."
she said. She could have kissed him herself, but she wanted him to do it.
Nox bit back the groan that tried to escape his lips. He put a finger under her chin and lifted her eyes to his. The golden eyes shone back at him. He leaned down and kissed her lips.

His body ached. Her hand slide up to his neck and he moaned into the kiss. Nox pulled away. "I'm going to stand by my promise I made you. So you are going to need to stop me. No matter what we want. My gut says to leave. Right now."

Nox kissed her again softly pulling her closer. "But I don't want to.
He whispered against her lips.
Elyse moaned into the kiss, feeling in heaven. So much human contact at once after it had been so long since she had any. Elyse was enjoying it. Nox wanted to stand by his promise, and so Elyse would do what he asked.

”Okay, Nox.”
She smiled at him. ”I’m glad you don’t want to leave. I want you to stay too.”

Elyse kissed him and then rested her head on his shoulder, focusing on the music and their slow dance. It helped her keep her hands in one place instead of drifting and possibly egging Nox on into doing something he didn’t want to do. It was a surprise to Elyse that Nox had said he wanted to wait, but it made her feel special.
Nox let the music carry them around the room. A second song played then a third and Nox couldn't make himself let go. But he really needed to go. The nagging feeling never left. He was fooling himself. He didn't date - relationships were not his thing. He'd never had time for them before. Now was different.

Elyse's body felt good against his. He wanted nothing more than to take her into the bedroom and treat her like a queen. His body reacted to the very thought, but then his mind screamed at him. Get out! The crushing loss of everyone he loved pushed down on his mood.

Nox whispered. "I should go."
He still didn't want to but he needed to. His heart raced and his breathing was shallow. He couldn't have a panic attack now. Fuck!
Elyse loved the dance. She liked feeling close to Nox. He was warm and sweet. Three songs passed and Elysed kept her head on his shoulder, smiling sweetly. She hadn't been this happy in a long time.

Nox was tensing up though. She could smell it. He was still nervous, and she didn't blame him. This was difficult for most people, let alone people who have tried to avoid it. Nox's desire to try only raised her admiration of him. Elyse knew that she was smitten.

Nox whispered to her that he should go and Elyse wasn't happy with that. She didn't want him to leave. She wanted him to stay - to hold her while she slept and to wake up next to him in the morning.

Elyse held him tighter. "Please stay."
Nox's breaths were getting shallow. "It's okay, Nox. You are fine."