This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preparations
"Ichiro Yoshimura."
he introduced himself using the western style of given name before surname in response to the young man's question.

The pair seemed to calm down, although the woman still seemed angry. Truth be told, Yoshimura felt the same as he did. Sleeping around with girls and then leaving without a word wasn't something he considered to be an honorable choice. Although he didn't partake in sexual activities, he found little issue with people having fun, but the young man's method seemed very wrong to Yoshimura.

It was evident that the young man rememebered the encounter with the young lady's friend, and when she leaned in to whisper to the man, Yoshimura didn't listen. The words spoken were meant for him and he wouldn't interfere, unless the two came to blows. Their personal business was just that, personal.

Instead Yoshimura wished for the familiar weight of his swords. He felt physically lighter without them, but yet not having them seemed like a burden of its own. Not wearing them was a constant reminder of how strange western culture could be.

Of course, Ayden knew Emily. It had to be the way of it. Since coming to Moscow his world had gotten smaller and smaller. He had met the Ascendancy himself, something he could never have even dreamed of in the States. Here life was a cornucopia of so many good and soooo many bad things. Aria was still incommunicado, Aurora was missing, the world was just going to hell and back since he got here. He wondered if it had to do with his new friends, or the fact that the Atharim in the old world was so much more complicated than back home. Not that it was anything like a home to him at any point in life at least not since his mother passed away. A shadow crossed Nox's face at the memories, but he quickly pushed it all away. These people didn't need to see the direction his life had taken. He grinned and put on that smug look that people so often hated about him.

Nox blinked at the name offered, he would not know how to even repeat it much less remember it, but it was Ayden's words and her gesture that had him worried. Ayden knew what he was and she was sitting here threatening him. He pulled his arm free of her grasp. "Why on God's Green Earth would I hurt Emily? She's a good girl. And she's safe at home now."
He hoped she understood what he meant, he wasn't about to spout Atharim status out on the street. But Emily was safe from the Atharim, he'd insure it if he could. She was a good girl, and she didn't need the bad news that seemed to follow him everywhere he went. One day they'd find out what he was, but he prayed it wasn't any day soon.

He turned to their new friend and offered his hand. "Nox Durante. And this little Duckling is the soon to be Mrs. Connor Kent."
Ayden glared at Nox. The other man introduced himself and Nox introduce them both, kinda. He introduced her as the soon-to-be Mrs. Connor Kent, not giving her first name. She wondered why? Did he know this guy?

She was starting to doubt everything and everyone now, the Atharim were ruining a good thing she had going in Moscow. A place where she wasn't running the risk of being caught, and now here she was running from something far more likely to kill her for completely the wrong reasons. Ayden knew she deserved to be hunted and killed but not for the reasons that Nox and his brethren hunted her.

He implied Emily was safe. But that didn't mean she was, he could be lying to her. He did walk out on Emily, what could she really mean to him? Probably nothing but a quick lay to him. She couldn't stop glaring at him, even as she introduced herself, "Ayden."
She offered her hand to the man who was kindly interferrign with their fighting. It was rather heart warming, a stranger taking interest in her friends honor.

Ayden turned back to the puppy that was still growling at her from the comforts of the boy Atharim's arms. "You should take better care of your pets. Is it even yours? Surely you don't think that thing will help you pick up girls!"
Yoshimura took both of their hands with a bow. The pair seemed to be getting along at least. In any case, they weren't trying to kill each other right now which was a step up from before.

Ayden was right - the dog was rather slim and ragged. It looked like it hadn't been fed for days, and just as Yoshimura was about to say something, his wallet beeped. Yoshimura pulled out his wallet and looked. It was a high alert from Atharim HQ. A godling had been found, and apparently it was a dangerous one. He had seen some of the footage and wasn't surprised to get an alert. This one seemed to know what he was doing, and he was a common thug who deserved nothing less than having his head removed.

Nothing showed on Yoshimura's face as he looked at the message. Controlling emotions was one of the many things he had worked on growing up. He read the message as he would a weather report, before putting the wallet back in his pocket.

The wallet was barely away before another message was received, and Yoshimura looked at it with the same candor. It was from the same sender, this one telling him to report to headquarters. It looked like his job in Moscow was about to begin.

((OOC: I'll type up him leaving in the next post - giving both time to react.))
Nox laughed at Ayden's response. Picking up girls with a pooch. It was an idle thought though this one needed a bit of work.

Before he could answer the Asian man's wallet beeped and his soon followed. It was a curiosity if nothing else. But as Nox looked at his wallet and read the message that followed he couldn't do anything but stare at the picture. Bas, what the fuck did you get into. And his heart leapt at their friendship, this was not good, so very not good. They were staying in a place that he'd given them. He was ousted from his family more than likely, whatever crime family it was. Now he was on the run, running not only from the cops but from the Atharim.

It made all the open doors in the warehouse seem all that more understood. Had Bas stopped by when everyone was away? Where the fuck was Aurora!

Nox knew his reaction was far from the normal so he flipped back to the normal screen and asked Ayden and ... yeah, he wasn't gonna bother with a name for the man. He was likely Atharim and he could look it up again if necessary, but really it didn't matter right now. "Have either of you seen my sister. It's her dog, I assume, some stray she picked up and then left him in the apartment for god knows how long."
He was rambling, he hoped the missing sister would be act enough for his irrational fears of what the hell was going on. Bas under fire, Aurora missing, Aria gone, what the fuck was next!

Edited by Nox, Jun 16 2015, 12:38 PM.
Ayden felt almost left out when the boys were checking their wallets. Almost, she only had two people who had the number, Emily and Connor. She was still very paranoid about technology tracking her whereabouts.

It was odd watching the two different men read, one stayed calm never even an emotion like something unimportant had come to view, but it had to be checked in the middle of a conversation. Nox, on the other hand, his emotions played on his face. Ayden could tell what it was really, but it all played out through the tension in his jaw and the look in his eyes.

When he looked up he showed a picture of a rather pretty girl on his wallet. Her blonde hair and blue eyes were nothing like his brown everything. His sister? Hardly probably some trollop he'd shagged and was stalking. Though he was fabricating one hell of a story if she wasn't truly his sister, but he was Atharim, part of some secret organization for thousands of years. The could probably tell all sorts of lies with a straight face.

She looked back at him, the worry and the fear were etched on the lines of his face. He really was worried about her, even if she was some slut he'd been with, he was worried. Ayden softened, something deep inside said that she had to help, that she needed to help. She straightened and tried to fight the desire to help this boy, this Atharim, but the picture of the girl called to her. She had to help her. Ayden shook her head finally, "No I haven't. Maybe I can help?"
Yoshimura noticed that Nox got a message at about the same time he did. Perhaps a brother - if both of them had gotten the same message, the coincidental nature of their meeting was somewhat interesting to note, but Yoshimura had to leave.

However, before he could step away, Nox showed a picture of a woman. His sister that was missing. He recognized the blonde and blue eyed woman from the Atharim library. She was missing, and Yoshimura wished he could help.

"I saw her maybe a week or so ago at the library."
Seeing the woman confirmed that Nox was probably Atharim in his mind. "Since then, no."

The woman offered to help, a move that Yoshimura found to be odd given the nature of her meeting with Nox today, but he nodded at her. "I wish I could help as well, but I need to take my leave."
He offered his contact information and received any given. "If I see or hear anything about her, I'll let you know, and if I can be any help in the future, please ask."

After enough farewells had been exchanged, Yoshimura shook their hands with a bow and turned to head off to work. It was time to meet his new leader - one Martin Borovsky.
Ayden offered to help. Why would she do that? She went from bitching him out about Emily to offering him to help find his sister. And then he realized that it wasn't him she was helping. The woman was helping another woman. Nox wondered if the woman had a hero complex regarding women. The strong woman standing up for those weaker, Emily might be weaker, but Aurora was not weak. Disappointed, depressed, angry at him but weak was not a word he would ever associate with his sister. She'd kept the family moving after their mother died. She was the rock. Nox took a deep breath to calm his thoughts, but it was the potential Atharim that said he'd seen his sister last week...

Last week? Where was I last week... Too many things had happened too many things were going on. Last week.... Last week Aurora met a guy. Nox looked at the figure of the man leaving, he'd left him his contact information. Not that he would have a hard time finding him if necessary. He may not be so well versed in tracking, but he knew someone who was. DAMN!!! Aria.... Fuck this is a mess.

Nox turned his attention to Ayden, "Why would you help me?"

She shrugged and confirmed his assessment. "I'm not. I'm helping her."
She nodded towards his phone and sighed.

Nox smiled remembering an interesting fact. "Your so-to-be husband is an IT guy yeah?"

Ayden nodded, "Yeah, why?"

Nox grinned at her playfully, "Duckling, You said you wanted to help. I need to talk to your boyfriend."

Their congenial friend left them to their confrontation. Nox was rightly surprised by her offer of help. But this girl needed help if this boy was looking for her. He may be a womanizing jerk and an Atharim to boot, but this was something she had to do. But why did he want to speak with Connor. Though Connor would be more than willing to help him out. He had some strange fondness for the boy. Ayden sighed. "Fine. I'll send him a text."

Ayden took her wallet out and started typing a short note to Connor. "Hey babe, Remember that kid we met, he wants to talk to you. I ran into him at the Market. Care to meet us or arrange a time?"

She looked up to Nox, "He'll get back to me when he's free."
She wasn't worried, Connor almost always got back to her quickly. And the fact that she just ran into the man who was supposedly hunting her well all the more reason for her fiance to get back quickly.

"That can't be your sister."
Ayden said off handedly, she didn't mean to rile him up, but it was so much fun. "She's too pretty. You are such a dud."
Ayden grinned inside, but she didn't show any hint at anything other than the fact that she was annoyed by his presence. "What are you doing in the market with that rag-a-muffin? She's probably not here."

Nox laughed, a dud. "I guarantee you she's my sister, she's born 8 minutes before me. Trust me I'm pretty sure she's my sister."
Nox winked before he continue on. "I know she's not here, but she tends to come here often. I don't know where she is. Last time I saw her she was leaving the house. And she met some guy, an asshat who threatened me. Like he could do anything to me."

It wasn't that he was strong or anything in particular, but unless the man was a godling then he was no match for Nox. And Nox had absolutely no problem defending himself from guys like that. "He's the reason I want your boyfriend."
She smirked at his comment and Nox ignored it, he remembered fully well the conversation they'd had before with the PI. "The dude called me on my sister's phone. I'm hoping your man can find his location or at least the area he's in, maybe Aurora is there."

Aurora was missing and talking about it made things worse. He wished Aria were here, it would make tracking down his sister so much easier. Nox thought to himself he should call Lucas to see if he'd heard from Aria, maybe he'd stop by before he headed home.

Nox headed down the street, "I'm going to keep looking. Come on if you are gonna help."
He put his hand on her shoulder and casually guided her towards the next shop. Nox wondered if Connor would be able to help. He doubted it, he was likely going to have to get the Atharim tech support on it. He wondered if there was an Atharim in the CCDPD, Aria said they had agents everywhere. Maybe they could help too.