This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Exploring The Datsan
Aria looked at the man cowering behind the Ascendancy, he was still hiding from her, his fear called to her, but Aria sat down in the chair, clasping her hands in front of her until her knuckles went white with lack of blood. She would not give in to the darkness no matter how tempting it was. Ascendancy wanted to know her limitations. What good us a weapon or a tool if you break it before you even begin to use it. And that was the way of her life, just another tool to be used. Aria frowned at her own thoughts, but she spoke to the questions asked anyway.

"I do not go around manipulating others without just cause. I have never attempted to manipulate Commander Vellas. That would be a poor repayment for him saving my life. Not that I was in any true danger from the Rougarou that he saved me from, but I will not repay his kindness with tricks. When I saw him last it was to seek some sort of alliance. I need all the friends I can get."

Aria looked across the table to where Ascendancy stood. "I imagine if your Barrier Preadator had a true reason to break from of my will he would have. There are two souls to date who can. One because he was guilty and he had a primal desire to be where he was not. I understand he is fixing to marry said reason. The other is Nox, and that came from learning how to break free. He submitted himself to my touch so that I couldn't hurt him. So in the event things go bad, he can do what needs doing without worrying about my abilities."

Aria shook her head, "I do not know my own limitations. The Atharim know little of Sentient since we are kill on sight. I know I am not like my father. My control cannot be permanent. My range is limited in all directions, I can't give you precise measurements I've never actually done the tests. Touch also always me to dig deeper into a person's hidden emotions. The Atharim use my abilities to track predominately. It is what I know best, trained as Furia and all. I only recently found out what I truly was. I assume there is a method of protection from emotions, I do not possess such talent. Twenty-four years I have felt every soul within my vicinity. I'm sure you can imagine the damage it has done and will continue to do."

Edited by Aria, May 26 2015, 07:54 AM.
Her words: Commander Vellas forged an alliance with an Atharim assassin assigned to kill the Ascendancy, and moreover, this assassin had power to maim with a single touch. How extremely ill-advised for the renown strategist in the Custody's employ. The disappointment was a reminder in trust.

He did not understand what made her two exemplary men so special as to be immune from her sentient powers. And why did Nox feel the need to build his tolerance against Aria? She said it was so he could so what was necessary when the time came, vague, but it implied Aria might impose her will upon him when he did not want it. If the pair trusted each other so much, why worry about the day she turned against him? If her best companions didn't trust her, why should Nikolai?

But he believed he gained some insight into her existence. if Sentients were to be killed on sight, and she was raised as a furia, it meant the Atharim was not aware of her true birth. Someone obscured the truth about her power from the Atharim authority and even from Aria herself. He wondered about their motivation to betray the order, but he did not care enough to inquire about it.

With this information, he considered what to do with her. She was still a danger, but her face was known and that danger could be averted. They did not have to have contact again. Any instructions could be relayed through a third party or via connect-conference.

"You'll be taken to a secure facility in Moscow until I decide what to do with you."
He was not yet completely determined to execute one course of action or another, but he had a good idea as to how to proceed, but he needed to ponder the plan farther. He stood to leave her, pausing slightly in case she cared to voice some protest. Though it would do her little good, he would humor her anyway.
Continued in What Happens Next