This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS
Your initial interpretation of Perrin's longing look at Rand and Egwene in the Ways is the one I think is right (or it's certainly still the way I see it). It's pretty much the first time he's alone after having spent all that time with Egwene, and it's absolutely a reminder of what he's lost now Laila's gone. It's also a loss of emotional and physical intimacy, a loss of the friend he's travelled with over the past few months and confided in and been comforted by (as well as him comforting and protecting her in turn). That's a massive bond, and doesn't have to be anything romantic at all. Perrin's a wolfbrother. Connection to those around him is important to him. Unless he ever outright admits to Egwene or another character that he has feelings for her, then I think assuming he carries a torch for her is potentially a gross and unfair simplification of his emotions. If the characters were both portrayed as the same gender (or of mismatched sexual orientations) I'm curious if it'd still look like he was pining after her (to both us and the characters who accuse it), or if we'd just see a close friendship.

The Jon Snow comment made me laugh XD

After rewatching the scene where Moiriane channels open the Waygate (especially the fact the footage behind her is just an image), I'm convinced it was changed just to explain why they couldn't go back for Mat. I really think that they had intended to use the leaf prior to the covid break, and had filmed it too. I reckon they probably also had Loial's apprehension about using the Ways and explaining about the avendesora all in one scene, and since they couldn't use the leaf and still justify leaving Mat behind, they had to cut it all (sadly to Loial's detriment). Hell, it might even be why they skipped out on showing Nynaeve meet Loial in the library, if they also somehow used that scene to set down relevant worldbuilding. We've seen already how much foreshadowing they sneak into early scenes.

With the stills of Fain and the leaf, I think (hope) we will get a better explanation later. They can't really stop for it now AND cobble together an explanation for Moiraine channeling instead. I wonder if we will discover that Fain stole the leaf/it was missing or something, and they knew this prior to going to the gate. No time to film any of that for the episode, but I guess it serves as a retcon to tie up the loose end.

I hate it a little less for understanding the decision better. I do hope they make it up to Loial later though.

There's an interview floating about with Josha (Tvline maybe?) where they ask him about the baby vision, and his answer is essentially wafo, it will be explained. Min saw the kids he had with the others and always complained she couldn't see visions pertaining to herself, I think they've just changed that aspect. Actually, let me find the interview, it adds his interpretation of the "triangle" as well lol (doesn't refute it or anything, I just thought it was interesting to see how he played the scene from Rand's perspective). https://www.cbr.com/wheel-of-time-josha-...interview/

Ooh, I didn't know Selene had been cast, I am curious who!

You could tell the baby was cgi, but newborns are gross anyway, so it didn't look as horrible as Tam's face XD

Quote:But MOST OF ALL, is the look of relief on his face when she tells him "if it is you, I will stand by your side no matter what." He closes his eyes in relief. This was the most touching thing I've seen, perhaps even more than Moiraine's vow to Siuan at the last episode. It was beautiful. Heartbreaking. He can now face the things he's facing knowing that he has Egwene. After spending the night with her, being reassured, he is able to relive everything.

You know what, that also makes me sad because he makes a point of reassuring Mat he's there for him "no matter what happens" when they're in the Grinwell's barn (before the murder) and Mat ignores him. Then in Tar Valon, Mat asks him to make sure he doesn't end up like Logain, and Rand promises. But when he asks for the same thing, Mat gives an offhand 'you bet'

Watch Rand's expression afterwards. It cuts him deep. He was already contemplating it then.

I'm kinda looking forward to bingeing the whole thing together once the finale has aired.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-17-2021, 03:16 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Nox - 12-17-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 10:25 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:36 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:23 PM