This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT actors
So last week I watched the National Theatre Live's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and discovered that Bottom was played by Hammed Animashaun, who is going to be Loial. Waaay different part to the bookish Ogier, obviously, but I think he is going to be fantastic. He can do a super deep, boomy voice too.

I also started to watch Money Heist a while back on netflix, which has Álvaro Morte (Logain) and is actually pretty good. He plays a character that hasn't had too much screen time as yet, though I get the impression we will see more of him as time goes on (he's kinda the mastermind).

And today I watched a really cute romance with Joshua Stradowski (Rand) called Just Friends (you can rent it for a couple of quid on Amazon, it's a Dutch film not to be confused with others of the same name). I think he will do clueless farm boy very well. Also, he is far more ripped than I realised, haha.

Marcus Rutherford (Perrin) is in a British indie film about the London riots that I have ready to watch, though I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Some of the actors are famous and/or have been in well known things that I've seen as well. But anyone else seen anything with one of them in?
hehe, been avoiding that knowledge. Specifically so I don't see another character they play... ad enough Rouse Bolton is there lol. Least it's not Ramsey ( I feel bad for the actor that played him so well )
(07-10-2020, 09:29 AM)Nox Wrote: hehe, been avoiding that knowledge.  Specifically so I don't see another character they play... ad enough Rouse Bolton is there lol.  Least it's not Ramsey ( I feel bad for the actor that played him so well )

Totally felt the same seeing Rouse Bolton as Tam...given that he has always held a special place in my heart. Hopefully, I will see past that prejudice.
Michael McElhatton will definitely be a harder sell, especially since he's most known for another fantasy series rather than something else. He does seem to get typecast baddie roles. Ck, if you're planning on watching the second season of The Alienist, I know he's in that. I don't know what kinda character he plays though.

I watched the Marcus Rutherford film, and he's pretty good in it. The character deals with a bunch of complex emotion in a very interior way, which seemed perfect for Perrin.
(07-10-2020, 04:32 PM)Thalia Wrote: Michael McElhatton will definitely be a harder sell, especially since he's most known for another fantasy series rather than something else. He does seem to get typecast baddie roles. Ck, if you're planning on watching the second season of The Alienist, I know he's in that. I don't know what kinda character he plays though.

I watched the Marcus Rutherford film, and he's pretty good in it. The character deals with a bunch of complex emotion in a very interior way, which seemed perfect for Perrin.

I will def be watching season 2. Trying to think who we will play. Read the book back in 97 so its a bit vague. (Good book though.)

I don't doubt he will do well. it's telling that an actor can embody a character so fully you associate the two. That said, being typecast is a thing and Tam exudes honor, solidity, and trustworthiness. I suppose Roose gets 2 out of 3. There was a reason the Starks trusted him. I hope there's not a feeling of waiting for him to stab you in the back ;-)

Jeromy Flynn was great in Ripper Street- definitely showed a more nuanced and vulnerable character than Bronn. Enough that you completely stopped seeing Bronn very early on. I hope the same will be true of McElhatton. Interestingly, Ian McElhinney (the honorable SerBarristan Selmy) was a villain in Ripper street and you totally saw him that way when Selmy was honor personified.

All in all, I think I am confident I will be able to see past Roose Bolton and will see Tam.
Imdb says Dr Marko, if that means anything to you. He was actually in Ripper Street too apparently, though only a couple of episodes. I'm sure he'll do a great job. I do find his voice a little sinister though. And you're right about the two of three, ha.

I'm going to watch Picnic at Hanging Rock next, which has actually been on my to-watch list for ages. I didn't realise it had Madeleine Madden in it. And not that she's in WoT but I do like Natalie Dormer.

Very bored today, haha.
The only one I've seen anything in is Rosamund Pike. Lol And she's of course just lovely and will be a great Moiraine.
Oh and after some looking on IMDB, I've seen Kate Fleedwood (Liandrin) who plays a character from a Harry Potter movie. Remember when the boys drank the poly juice potion and snuck into the ministry of magic? Ron was disguised as a wizard and transformed back into himself in front of his wife? That was a cute scene. Though its not very Liandrin-like.
She was something in Gone Girl. Terrifying on the crazy scale. And she was in that James Bond movie from the early 2000s. The one with the invisible car. She has the aloofness and coldness to play moraine. Because that's all the boys see. But I am curious to see how she conveys the humanity under moraine that we saw as we got to know her. She sacrificed so much in the struggle.
I've seen Pike in A United Kingdom and one of the Pride and Prejudice remakes as Jane Bennet too. Have you listened to her reading poetry on her instagram? Her voice is divine!

I didn't realise Kate Fleetwood had a part in Harry Potter either!