This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

closed threads
Okay. I don't know how many times this has happened recently, but it's becoming a regular problem. I come browse new threads, find an interesting one, let's say Thread X, and think to myself, "Ah. I might join this one."

I leave to mull over how to join it, given that it'll have to be jaxen that does the joining, it is something of a conundrum to decipher. Then, next time I check thread x, that same person who started the thread has done 2-4 more posts continuing on with the original post's scene and obliterated any chance of anyone else joining it.

No way I'm joining thread x after all that. For the sake of my sanity, if you start a thread and have no intention to wait on whether or not people might join it (and by wait I mean a reasonable amount of time greater than 24 hours), then mark is as closed so I (and I assume everyone else) won't waste my time pondering how to join the scene. then the rest of us will know that you intend to do something with the thread all by yourself.

Default threads should be open for anyone to join. And left open for people to do that. Closed threads should be the special circumstance. Yet lately it seems like all everyone is doing is closed over and over again, but just not marking them as such.

thank you and goodnight.

Edited by Jaxen Marveet, Mar 19 2015, 05:02 PM.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Jax - I know you're frustrated, and I'm sorry for it. I promise I'll work with you better in the future to figure out ways to get Jaxen involved. He's kind of in a special circumstance at the moment.
apologize, will try to keep it in mind when creating new threads.