This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Spokes of a Wheel
the link CK wa talking about: https://thefirstage.org/wiki/godwars-d1/
(09-08-2021, 07:22 PM)Nox Wrote: the link CK wa talking about:  https://thefirstage.org/wiki/godwars-d1/

nox is awesome
Asc - Right now I'm most interested in the story of the White and Black Towers finally coming to work together. The actual time period can vary. I think 100 years, at the minimum, would be a good idea (but I'm open to a few hundred, and I agree with the thought that the 4th age lasts a few thousand years.) Cadsuane is forced to the Amrylin Seat at the end of the series, and I can't exactly see that happening during her tenure, but then she's seen enough following Rand around to perhaps sway her. If you guys feel she would work towards that, or her predecessor would, then I see no reason not to set it 20 - 30 years post-LB.

I know the work between Aes Sedai and Asha'man is starting to happen at an individual level, but I'm thinking on a grander scale. How do they decide to work together to rebuild and improve the world for the long haul? Is there a Grey Tower, the 4th Age's attempt to refound a Hall of Servants? Do they simply sign a formal treaty? What does that look like and how does it affect the Towers and the wider world? What about Bonding? Surely there will be laws set in place for both organizations. How do these two groups evolve from what we knew them as? How much of Egwene's plans for the White Tower continues post-LB (the Kin, Wise Ones, etc)? Where does Logain steer the Asha'man? Do they start forming groups/ajahs like the Aes Sedai?

I would love a story set one or two thousand years after the Last Battle, but I'd prefer to play around with the above concept.

Ck - Now I'm gonna have to go look and see if they were mentioned during the LB after the Horn was blown. If not... I did read through the ages post on the main site and that kind of solidified this interest of mine. It doesn't help that I'm doing another re-read in anticipation of the show ^_^; I'll read through those scenes, though. Thank you for linking them!!!

Nox - Dear goddess that is amazing! Jaxen does good work. I think I've read bits of this when I was crafting the Spear of Lugh mythos. Will read through again <3

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
Considering how long the lifespan of a channeler, we will need at minimum 100 years. Maybe more like 300 years. 

My inkling was that the oath rod would go away or be replaced. But that's a massive undertaking. I doubt everyone will agree to shorten their lifespan once they learn the truth. Asha'man would never agree to use it. 

I kinda envision a Tower headquarters in Tar Valon and Andor then smaller towers of learning around RandLand kinda like how a main university system has branch schools around the state. The return of gateways will make that traveling system far easier than going 1000s of miles by horseback. 

The other channeler groups (wise ones, sea folk, etc) will either get assimilated into the tower system or will grow their own systems. I imagine the tower continues to try and assimilate them, which is perhaps why the Branch-Towers across the country help to attract local channelers (branch towers in port-cities for sea folk, Rhuidean for Aiel, etc). 

The Seanchan are the wild card. I can see them going both ways: growing in power and authority and dominance or completely falling apart after Mat and Tuon die. 

We can either have a male leader who rules the men and a female leader who rules the women, or one person who rules both and is elected by all. I am leaning toward 1 person who rules all as a step to try and integrate the systems. Or is a single leader completely eliminated and it goes straight to pure council (kinda like the Jedi Council)? 

My thoughts for now. I'm liking the brainstorming tho! Super fun.